voom/super dish question

nanaberry

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Feb 1, 2005
Galion, Ohio
I forgot what I needed to get voom service with my super dish. I know I needed another dish pointed at 61.5 but what was the other parts I needed to hook it with my super dish? Thanks

nanaberry said:
I forgot what I needed to get voom service with my super dish. I know I needed another dish pointed at 61.5 but what was the other parts I needed to hook it with my super dish? Thanks

You either need to get a DPP 44 switch to connect all 4 feeds or you could use a DP 21 switch to add the 61.5 feed to one receiver. The 61.5 lnb must be Dish Pro.

nanaberry said:
I just bought a Dish Network dp44 power supply and inserter on ebay is this what I need?

Yes, if it comes with the switch. Post the Ebay item number so we can confirm.

Ahh, I had an idea. What if he forgot to put commas in the list of what he bought? So maybe he bought a dpp44, power supply, and inserter. Anyway, please do post the ebay number, nanaberry.

You need the actual dpp44 switch. See, the dpp44 is 'so' advanced that it needs to be powered by more than just the power than a receiver can provide. Normally, a receiver can send digital signals to the switch to (naturally) switch the satellite feeds. Anyway, a dpp44 needs extra power and extra equipment, mainly a power supply (aka a transformer) and a way to get that power all the way outside to the switch. The power inserter adds that power to the segment of the cable that leads to the switch; a second segment runs just a few feet from the inserter to receiver. One power inserter and supply will run the entire switch meaning whatever other receivers you have installed do not change or add any of this stuff. You unfortunately only have two of three pieces.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)