Voom: Swanni says it best.

Hey Charlie,
That article is the first of many. Your secret is out and everyone is going to know about it. That article lets readers post comments. I'm going post a large comment about how Dish Network treats their customers. Hear that Charlie? WORD OF MOUTH on the INTRAWEB. I hope you burn for this one. You screwed your customers, now some of your customers will be screwing you all over the internet for months to come. Nice reputation you've built in the past 48 hours.

I gotta say, Swanni is right. This was a pretty slimy move on Charlie's part. And believe me, he knew every bit what he was doing. This was no mistake.

It reeks of desperation. I hope Dish has a bunch of new channels up their sleeve to fill in the gap or else DirecTV is going to jump all over this in their next ad.

I do not want to start receiving hate mail by defending Dish, but is it at all possible that negotiations broke down in the 11th hour? We see this in sports contracts on a daily basis. Do not get me wrong, I loved Monster HD and was one of the first e-mailing and calling Dish to complain, but is it at all possible they did not have any intentions of removing them?

Look at it this way: Don't you think Dish considered how Direct would laugh at them on upcoming ads? Maybe, again, negotiations or whatever broke down at the 11th hour and now they are playing hardball and showing them that they want new content and not 24/7 repeats.

I do not want to start receiving hate mail by defending Dish, but is it at all possible that negotiations broke down in the 11th hour? We see this in sports contracts on a daily basis. Do not get me wrong, I loved Monster HD and was one of the first e-mailing and calling Dish to complain, but is it at all possible they did not have any intentions of removing them?

Look at it this way: Don't you think Dish considered how Direct would laugh at them on upcoming ads? Maybe, again, negotiations or whatever broke down at the 11th hour and now they are playing hardball and showing them that they want new content and not 24/7 repeats.

Very unlikely. In contract disputes Dish uses their subscribers to pressure the programmer; if this was just a contract dispute we would have scrolls and web site notices to contact VOOM and complain. In contrast to past disputes everything about this removal seemed preplanned and deliberate.

NightRyder

I wonder if the Direct TV Marketing department is kicking into overdrive with this.
The only people who have any idea what "VOOM" is are Cablevision customers and Dish Network customers. All other will ask "VOOM what ?" No amount of advertising will appeal to non-D* customers...

Well think about it . . . I can see an ad now that say's . . . "Yes they tell you they are adding HD channels to equal our impressive lineup, but at what cost? Recently, Dish added 22, but removed 15 HD channels the next day . . . we, like their customers, think that is unfair!"

Well, something like that and look, they do not need to mention VOOM!

We'll see what happens in the next few weeks. . .

If Dish can pull another 10-20 HD channels out of their hat in the next few weeks, this whole ordeal will blow over pretty quickly.

Breathlessly Waiting for the plumbing channel-HD.

If it was interactive so you could get rear views of the plumber that would be great. It would clear wifey out of the room so I could watch great programming such as Monsters HD....oh, never mind. whatever.

I wonder if the Direct TV Marketing department is kicking into overdrive with this.
The possibilities are endless for effective and funny ads based on this whole mess.

D* doesn't waste their time going after Dish customers. Many of them are locked under contract. D* goes after the big prize--cable customers. IPTV and satcasters all target cable customers.

Back on topic: If Swanni lived in Austin, I would buy him a beer for that. I don't always agree with Swanni (usually picks on Voom), but he hit the nail on the head today.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts