Voom to use 2 Satellites!

Is it possible for VOOM to have a nationwide HD network deal? If they had one why doesnt dish+dirct?? Is it totally impossible to negotiate a hidef network package including UPN+WB?? Voom just might get every hd channel there is.. except of course hdNet cuz Cuban is a jerk.

astrossuperfan said:
If this sat was up there from day 1, why not just use them both from day 1 instead of repointing every sub's dish?
Maybe there has been a change of plans?

This satellie could be a defense mechanism against the oft-mentioned E* Death Laser.

Emperor Ergen and Lord Rupert will not be happy. Thier clone armies must fight for them!! When you think about it, those two really are clones of each other--same HD packs, same LIL mania, same crappy SD offerings taking up too much space.UGTP!

Of course if they USE that capacity for new programming it is no longer a backup.

For what it's worth, Wilt responds to a question about the second sat and moving the dish this way:

"The move of the dish was in response to a "failure" of the original satellite question not a business as usual question, so there's no moving planned for anyone right now.

I don't have a real time right now. "
Wilt

Should have read a couple more posts - in response to a follow-up question that this is then planned for the future, he added:

"The dual feed thing, yes, likely in some form or fashion.
Sorry to be less than exact but it's premature to give any specifics other than those on the call."
Wilt

ricks said:
For what it's worth, Wilt responds to a question about the second sat and moving the dish this way:

"The move of the dish was in response to a "failure" of the original satellite question not a business as usual question, so there's no moving planned for anyone right now.

I don't have a real time right now. "
Wilt

Should have read a couple more posts - in response to a follow-up question that this is then planned for the future, he added:

"The dual feed thing, yes, likely in some form or fashion.
Sorry to be less than exact but it's premature to give any specifics other than those on the call."
Wilt

Hey how about some credit for asking "smart" questions? Seanb61 is me on yahoo and this forum.....lol

cyuhnke said:
This satellie could be a defense mechanism against the oft-mentioned E* Death Laser.

I called Mr. Ergen, he didn't seem to know anything about a "laser". (Ergen pictured below) :D

dr_evil.jpg

Geronimo said:
Of course if they USE that capacity for new programming it is no longer a backup.
do we know this for sure? we cant even recieve a signal from it yet without turning the dish. How could it be already used for new programming?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)