Voom Trick or Treat Sweepstake

Sean Mota

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Sep 8, 2003
New York City
The scary residents from MONSTERS HD have escaped and are terrorizing the site. When you see the spooky symbol, click on it to see if you get a trick or a treat for your chance to enter the sweepstakes and win the ultimate Halloween treat from VOOM, Sharp's newest Aquos 45" LCD HDTV (the highest resolution HDTV available), VOOM (the highest quality HDTV satellite delivery system available), and one year of VOOM's Va Va VOOM programming service (the most HD available).
The sweepstakes ends at 11:59PM EST on 10/31/04. Enter as many times as you like to increase your chances of winning. You must be at least eighteen years of age to participate in the sweepstakes. Residents of Florida, New York and Rhode Island are not eligible to enter.

http://www.voom.com/oct31/lp.jsp

What's up with Residents of Florida, New York and Rhode Island????

That doesn't seem fair, is that where they have the most customers :D

Must be something else. It doesn't seem that you even need to be a customer. Although Florida has been shafted, my brother in CT isnt :)

lol, the rules are actually A LOT more than what's on that page ;)

http://www.voom.com/util/sweepstakes_rules.html

So far I've place 6 entries, it's really hard to get a Treat from Voom (unless I turn on my TV).

Tip, for today, Wednesday, the ghosts are hanging out at:

Click the See IT tab then Programming, they are on every category except VaVaVoom. ;)

OK, they're also under the Equipment and Why Voom tabs.

Well I know the entry page to enter, but that might get you disqualified...

riffjim4069 said:
My odds of winning the 45' LCD or a year of VOOM has to be a million times better than hitting the lottery. Go Free Stuff! :)

riff--good luck if you win a 45 foot LCD. You'll have to live in a football stadium.

Given how much of a PITA it is to find the "treats", I wonder just how many entries they will actually receive.

Bear said:
Given how much of a PITA it is to find the "treats", I wonder just how many entries they will actually receive.
It's weird, I had about 9 entries over a one week period, then Friday morning I hit about 12 more. I don't know if they loosened up as we get closer to halloween or not, but I struck Gold. ;) I now have about 2 dozen entries, so I hope my odds are pretty good. :yes

Did I win??

When will they tell me how to get my new HD tv? I must have won. :D

barth2k said:
YOU WISH!! I entered 48,297 times. Voom has 25,000 subs. You do the math :)
Would you guys stop your whining already? ;) I just received confirmation of shipping, I should have it by this weekend. :cool: I'll let ya'll know how nice it looks. :yes

DarrellP said:
Would you guys stop your whining already? ;) I just received confirmation of shipping, I should have it by this weekend. :cool: I'll let ya'll know how nice it looks. :yes

VOOM never does anything that fast so I know they are just holding onto my entry to surprise me any minute. But don't worry....I will let you all know when I get that confirming email or phone call.
:D

runz22 said:
VOOM never does anything that fast so I know they are just holding onto my entry to surprise me any minute. But don't worry....I will let you all know when I get that confirming email or phone call.
:D
Voom not FAST? WTF are you talking about? To my amazement, the TV showed up on my doorstep last night as I was pulling into my driveway. :yes I must say, it is a rather amazing looking TV. Anyone want to come over and see it? ;)

Nah, mine arrived today (who'd've thought Voom would spring for Satruday delivery...). And here I was thinking that I'd have to wait until the 10th to get it!

(If you had less than 100 entries, I don't think you were statistically even in the running... ;) )

Moov is AWESOME @ 1080p!

Guess how long it has been since anyone posted in this thread?

Yup--two weeks.

Did somebody actually win this, or are we the victims of a clever marketing ploy to give up our e-mail addresses while chasing ghosts and goblins around the Voom website? Inquiring minds want to know.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)