[VOOM] Voom Clock

D

Doug Penny

Original poster
Hi everyone, I'm new to Voom, just installed on the 25th. That night I started reading
about the sale; I sure hope things work out for the best. I have been trying to figure out if
there is a way to have the clock display on the front of the Voom box. It looks like the
display is there, but I can't figure out how to get the time to show up. Has anyone been
able to do this? Thanks.

Doug

------------------------

[VOOM] Re: Voom Clock

The clock cannot be activated. It is not a user option.

Scott

--- In VOOM@yahoogroups.com, "Doug Penny" <penny@n...> wrote:
>
> Hi everyone, I'm new to Voom, just installed on the 25th. That

night I started reading
> about the sale; I sure hope things work out for the best. I have

been trying to figure out if
> there is a way to have the clock display on the front of the Voom

box. It looks like the
> display is there, but I can't figure out how to get the time to

show up. Has anyone been
> able to do this? Thanks.
>
> Doug

------------------------

The displays were built into the chasis of the boxes already. THey could be used, but voom opted not to have the clock as an option.

I myself would love to see it be a user selectable option.

Me too! It looks like it would be big enough to see from across the room unlike my puny VCR and DVD clocks.

Thanks for the reply.

It would be nice to have since I have trouble seeing the hand clocks in my home and this display would be big enough, but VOOM needs to get the clock on the EPG accurate first. Rarely is it ever on time. I've seen it as far as 10 minutes behind only to jump a couple minutes ahead a minute later. I can't believe their clocks would drift so much in one day. At least use something that sets itself to WWV.

bryan27 said:
It would be nice to have since I have trouble seeing the hand clocks in my home and this display would be big enough, but VOOM needs to get the clock on the EPG accurate first. Rarely is it ever on time. I've seen it as far as 10 minutes behind only to jump a couple minutes ahead a minute later. I can't believe their clocks would drift so much in one day. At least use something that sets itself to WWV.

I think that they get the time from voom on the satellite and that they are not rcving a time packet or whatever, so they drift. Voom needs to fix that before they allow the clocks to display. Obviously, they knew/know of the time problems, since they turned off the time display (kludge fix).