VOOM w/o channel scan option

Skaught

Original poster
Aug 2, 2005
I have a 550 box and usually you can press VOOM, GRN, GRN, then access the installation menu and scan for local channels. I have a second box that does not have this option to scan for locals. I noticed it does not software v. 2.4C on it as my other one does. Is there a way to download and install this upgrade so I can use this box?

Thanks.

Skaught

No, you cannot upgrade the software.
What version do you currently have on it?

Welcome to the forum! Welcome home! ;)

I'm not sure, it has about 4 or 5 numbers in it. I'll have to check at home. That sucks. I hope it doesn't become a big doorstop. Thanks for the 'welcom' btw!

:)

The easiest way to check the version is by pressing “Help” and then “Info”. You should see three lines of version info. The last line should look like this: “Nep: 737”, where 737 is the software version. Currently, 737 is the latest released version. It is also referred to as “HAL 00.07.37” or as "Software Version 2.4C". If the Help-Info sequence doesn’t work for you, you might have a much older version. Try this sequence instead: press “VOOM” button followed by “Info”. Again, look for Nep. number.

The version I have on one of my boxes is 00.05.68

Is this trash, or is there a way to upgrade it, but kind of 'shady' and something that can't be mentioned on this forum?? :) If I can, give me a hint and I will do some more digging! :D

Thanks!

Skaught.

Yes, 05.68 is a doorstop! sorry...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)