Voom Wasting my time...

Eric_C

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Apr 18, 2004
I posted 3 weeks ago that after repeated calls to Voom I finally talked to someone who's first words out her mouth were "We'll put in a bigger dish to fix the rain fade".

I waited, even took the day off of work to be here when they came to install the new dish.

The tech from Don Lor's shows up, and unlike the first tech that came by, I was very unimpressed with this guy. When Don Lor first came over they had BOTH dishes WITH THEM, in truck!

This guy comes over, asks me what the problem is and tells me has has no larger dish. He insists there is no such thing as a larger dish at all. I told Voom over and over the system works perfectly unless it rains. Then we go through this almost silly routine:

1. The installer tells me he has been installing Voom and MONTHS and never heard of a larger dish and they do not make one. He argues this point with me for 10 minutes....then picks up the phone and calls the store and low and behold there IS a larger dish, but Voom has to setup the call.

2. He tells me I need to call Voom back to arrange to have the larger dish installed...funny, thats why I took an entire day off of work to have done and thats what they told me they were going to do.

3. I call Voom...what do they tell me, there is no larger dish available....the guy flat out LIED to me, 4-5 times in a row, then talks to his supervisor who again says there is no bigger dish available...I told them flat out they are lying to me and someone better fix the problem.

4. He comes back and says "well we're testing a larger dish, but hardly anyone has one".

5. It gets escalated to someone who has never returned my call as of yet.

The whole thing was a giant fiasco, the installer tells me he doesn't have time to go get another dish and come back, he has other work to do. sh!tty customer service from them. His shop is less than 20 minutes from our house, he whines about how far it is and can't make it.

So now instead of telling Voom I want 3 weeks credit now that has gone upto 4 months to cover me taking the day off.

The tech was completely useless, he told me the bolts were loose and the weight of the rain caused the problem. Forget it works fine the rest of the time and those 20mph winds we have surely must not cause the dish to move at all :mad:

I won't cancel Voom, I'll get it for free until they get their sh*t straight, but in the end it has what I want, I just want it to work the way it should be. I don't watch alot of TV, but the things I do watch I want to watch. I woke up this morning, with it raining, to watch the French Grand Prix, thankfully it stopped raining before hand or there was going to be a very unhappy Voom CSR on the other end of the phone.

The thing that pisses me off is being lied to, over and over...do not they realize that in this day and age it is TOTALLY USELESS to lie to a customer? How long does it take to verify anything at all that you are told.

Customer service in this entire country has gone in the crapper...

It is surprising that VOOM has not bit the bullet and just mandated the 30" dish for people west of a line from like TX to ND. It seems like they could save a ton of money just in service calls. The difference in price given bulk buys is probably less than $5.

A suggestion, Sean: maybe you should put some kind of spam deterrence on wilt's email instead of posting it naked. The poor guy will be deluded with spam.

barth2k said:
A suggestion, Sean: maybe you should put some kind of spam deterrence on wilt's email instead of posting it naked. The poor guy will be deluded with spam.

I do not beleive this is his personal email. But the Email he uses at Yahoo group to interact with VOOM users. I do not think any email address is saved from any Yahoo Group when it comes to spam.

Rain fade in Seattle...

I've seen a suggestion here and have seen others before suggesting all people on the West coast get a larger antenna. However, at our location in Seattle with a clear shot to the sat we have had only one 30 min. period (I know, it is likely more since we don't watch VOOM all the time) with rain fade during a series of thunderstorms which are a rare occurance here since our 18 in. antenna was properly secured back in Feb. A couple of nuts were not tightened by the original installer. Signal on a clear day (yes, we do get some) is 96-98. Clouds bring us down in the low 90s with rain in the uppers 80s.

We'll find out this fall whether or not we lose signal during our winter storms. Hopefully, no problems because if there are with all the new installs for VOOM this fall and winter threre may be no installers left to give us service!

Suffering in 66 degree Seattle heat with fireworks (in HD?) to view on VOOM over 2 locals this evening, Gill

Emailed Wilt, we'll see what happens.

BTW, right as Ruben's crossed the finish line it started to pore...anyone want to tell me what was said in the post race conference?

Best race of the season and we didn't get to watch the conference.

sorry but I didn't watch the conference, everybody is fed up with the ferrari domination or should I say their lack of true racing...(M.Schumacher doesn't race anymore he just waits for everyone to get into the pits, when was the last time he passed someone in a race????...)

Lack of true racing? Its a matter of understanding the sport. Shumacher put a second per LAP on Alanzo almost on command. They changed strategy midway through the race, he took an extra 7 second pit stop, not to mention the 80kph pitlane drive and still came out of the pit ahead. In 15 laps he went from being .7 seconds ahead to being nearly 21 seconds ahead. Just because it wasn't wheel to wheel thats still a helluva example of driving. No other driver in the world could have done that.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts