Voom’s inability to communicate

Kentstater72

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jun 18, 2004
North of Toledo
I recently called Voom to look at options until they can deliver the DVR.
I have hooked up HD cable with their HD-DVR. I am paying $60 a month for their service and $50 for Voom. This is too much to spend.
I came up with four options
1)Cancel voom, make them pull all the equipment and MAYBE come back later.
2)Voom could cut service and leave the equipment till they get the DVR
3)Voom could offer VaVoom till they deliver
4)Voom would let me take advantage of the new offer and I could add 2 stb’s

Guess which option Voom would agree to, yes cancel.
This makes no sense for anyone. Voom spends the money to get the equipment (and I will be a B* assuring my roof is patched right. Then when the DVR comes I will call and have them do it all over again.

They have till the first of the year. And odd as it seems I am rooting for them.

Also:
I just got off the Voom web site and they are still touting Sci-Fi’s arrival to Voom
If you are marketing to tech savvy people, have your web-site up to date, where is the HGTV announcement.

Thank goodness for Sean and Scott, but I should be getting timely information from Voom directly, not third hand.

It's obvious that for all the shake-n-bake Voom is capable of from time to time, that there are still people looming around their offices that used to work for the government.

Kentstater72 said:
Thank goodness for Sean and Scott, but I should be getting timely information from Voom directly, not third hand.

R U saying that Scott and Sean have three hands? That explains alot like how they can be all over the web simultaneously...

When I lost my job, I tried getting a stand-by status with Voom, keep the equipment but drop the programming until I found a job. They have no way of doing this. I guess they'd rather spend all the money to collect it then add us as a new sub again. Really dumb business model if you ask me.

Seems like a dumb way to do business....I just got off the phone with them and they told me that the DVR is in "testing". She had no other info that she could give me . She did tell me that the rental fee for the receiver is going to go down to 5 bucks. So...I guess that when they increase the basic from 39.99 to 49.99...then you add 5 bucks for a receiver you will only be paying 5 bucks extra per mth....not bad.

Purchasing used or new receivers

I just went on the voom website and talked with one of the reps through the live chat option. I asked if I purchased a new or used Voom receiver would they activate it??? I had the opportuntiy to buy some new receivers on ebay for around $75 each. The rep said they would not activate it unless it was purchased through an authorized dealer and they would have to install it. I told the rep that I thought this was absolutely very poor business practice and it was too bad because I wanted to buy the receivers and become a subscriber and was more than capable of installing it myself.

So all you subsscibers out there that purchased your equipment outright are not going to be able to sell your equipment to anyone because Voom wont activate it. That is just crazy.

Bad or good, but this has been their policy from day one. Never the less, many of us have opted to purchase the equipment in order to lock in the rates and to avoid rental fees.

Welcome to the forum, dittoditto1111!

With VOOM I think its a great idea to rent their equipment. I have been with VOOM for around 10 mths and in that time I have paid 100 bucks in rental fees. Now that its going to 5 bucks a mth for the receiver, the rental option becomes an even better deal. Also, you dont have a paper weight once the DVR comes out...if it ever does.

I would like to ask what happens if I have Voom installed and then in 6 months or so, I move to a different address. Do I have to get Voom to move my system or will I have the freedom to do my own reinstall. Another question, If I use a different address will my original rcvr be able to get programming? I currently have Direct at my summer house place in Va. but just pull the card and put it in my unit at my other location. In other words I have 2 rcvrs at differnt locations and only one subscription. Can I do this with Voom or will I have to buy 2 subscriptions?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts