Voom's last week is "Turn Off TV Week"

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

1080iBeVuMin

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Feb 29, 2004
Santa Rosa, CA
It is ironic that Voom's last week of service coincides with "National TV Turn-off Week".

I will celebrate TV Turn-off Week next week after Voom is dead, and for all foreseeable weeks...

Snippet from the article:

TV Turn-Off Week: Take Up The Challenge
by Sound Vision Staff Writer

I've decided to take up the challenge.

April 24 until April 30 is TV Turn-off week.

The aim of TV Turn-off week is to reduce the amount of television Americans watch and to focus on activities that watching television displaces like reading, creativity, productivity and healthy physical activity.

I plan to turn on VOOM as much as possible being it's their last week of existence as we know it. Hell, I'll even down a 6-pack each night, take up smoking and eat plenty of red meat while I'm at it. :rolleyes:

riffjim4069 said:
I plan to turn on VOOM as much as possible being it's their last week of existence as we know it. Hell, I'll even down a 6-pack each night, take up smoking and eat plenty of red meat while I'm at it. :rolleyes:

Enjoy that six pack because when you turn on the TV next week, after looking at the picture, your going to think you already have been drinking.

ptech said:
Enjoy that six pack because when you turn on the TV next week, after looking at the picture, your going to think you already have been drinking.
...12-packs of Yuengling Lager, Molson Golden and J.W. Dundee Honey Brown will be standing ready to help resolve PQ issues next week. :smug

riffjim4069 said:
...12-packs of Yuengling Lager, Molson Golden and J.W. Dundee Honey Brown will be standing ready to help resolve PQ issues next week. :smug
:D :D :D :D

If you drink enough to black out, you will see my PQ next week. ;)

riffjim4069 said:

If your picture starts to look good, it might be a good time to quit or well, maybe not ;)

riffjim4069 said:
If after next week you swear you are watching Lab on Voom...you better cut down on the booze...!!! !sadroll

;)
DarrellP said:
GASP!!...NOW I remember when I first saw VoOM...it was the mid-sixties, a swinging party somewhere in the Bay Area...the sound was outrageous, and the pictures were mind-boggling!! Must have been Lab channel crossed with Rave! Time to go back to the future...anybody holding?? Vicki :p

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)