VP 622 does not see 129W

kodiak_ak

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
May 10, 2009
Kodiak, Alaska
I used a old 4900 receiver to aim a 1M dish to the 129W (was on the 148). Get only TP 12 with 122 sig strength (old scale). When I connect the dish to my Microyal SW-64 (also has 119 & 110), the VP 622 sees nothing on the 129W. Is this a legacy issue?

I never tried an SW-64 switch but did used to have a Twin with an SW-21 and my 622 worked fine with it. I would think it would work unless there is something with the Microyal code. When you run a switch check does the result indicate an SW-64? If not, I would think it is an issue with the switch.

Miner

Switch tests are ok, showing sw-64 with 110 and 119 normal, just no 129. Would you know what settings are to be checked (Superdish and Alternate) on the VP622? If I hook up the 622 directly to the 1M dish, I still see no signal on 129, but do with the 4900 unit.

shouldnt you be able to see more transponders than just 12?

I know 21 and up are CONUS too but do they reach Alaska?

If you can only see one TP maybe that is why the receiver isnt acknowledging 129. It might need both polarities

Legacy switches do not work on 129W. Usual experience is that you will only pick up the evens - no odds. There is a thread on this subject.

Legacy switches do not work on 129W. Usual experience is that you will only pick up the evens - no odds. There is a thread on this subject.

Fixed, at least on 211 receivers. reran switch check today and checked all transponders even/odd.

Attachments

• vip2.jpg
    vip2.jpg
    132.9 KB · Views: 219
  • vip1.jpg
    vip1.jpg
    142.5 KB · Views: 206
Yep, i swung my 61.5 over to 129 last night and the 211K is finally working Properly on that sat. All is well now! :D:cool:

I switched out the legacy hardware to DishPro DPP33 with DP LNB's. Now have good switch test, but still do not understand why only 129 has trouble with legecy. Now waiting for Dish to get all the HD programming on the 5 spotbeams set up on 129.

Kodiak,AK

Fixed, at least on 211 receivers. reran switch check today and checked all transponders even/odd.

Can anyone confirm legacy 129 setup on a 722 for me? FINALLY dish addresses this issue. I had talked to a top tier tech on this one about a month ago. He said he'd look into it further, but made no guarantees. But this does look promising!!

It does not appear Dish has started to release the latest software upgrade for the VIP722 that I have been told will fix the 129 problem. The word is that non DVR's were to be fixed first with upgrades and then the DVR receivers. Here are the latest SW versions...
EKB: Dish Network Receiver Software Versions

Software L621 was released yesterday for the 622/722's. Can anyone verify if a 622 or 722 will now detect 129 on a legacy setup? Post pics too if possible!

Thanks.

Same problem, but wierd

I have spent two days outside trying to figure out what I'm doing wrong. I have SW64 switch and VIP612 pointed to three satellites 110, 119 and third used to be pointed to 148 now i'm trying to get 129.

I use old 301 receiver to point dish to 129 and I get good 75% signal, (bypassing switch during pointing) but only getting transponder 9 and nothing else. When I run check switch I dont get it recgonized. It is just x on the list.

When I connect 129 dish and others with SW64 to VIP612 and try to add it to list by running check switch, same thing. Only X's and no information about satellite not even number. 110 and 119 fine but 129 missing or just an X. So strange... Strong signal but no transponders other than 9. Any idea? All my equipment is legacy, maybe that is the problem.

I live in Wasilla Alaska and I did not have any problems with 148, now I would like to add more HD and this just sucks.:eek:

Last edited:

Wrong. In the office I worked in previously, they were not giving us triples for a long time. They instead made us use 1000.2 dishes with a W bracket, 3 legacy duals and an SW64 switch. It was a time consuming pain in the ass, but it always worked fine. Never a single problem.

I use old 301 receiver to point dish to 129 and I get good 75% signal, (bypassing switch during pointing) but only getting transponder 9 and nothing else. When I run check switch I dont get it recgonized. It is just x on the list.
I live in Wasilla Alaska and I did not have any problems with 148, now I would like to add more HD and this just sucks.:eek:
TP 9 is a spotbeam as are 1 to 16 (15?) . It may be aimed at AK for one--hope all your need are there. You will need to check higher TPs to find normal nationals. They may not be usable up there, check out the footprints.
-Ken

I have spent two days outside trying to figure out what I'm doing wrong. I have SW64 switch and VIP612 pointed to three satellites 110, 119 and third used to be pointed to 148 now i'm trying to get 129.

When I connect 129 dish and others with SW64 to VIP612 and try to add it to list by running check switch, same thing. Only X's and no information about satellite not even number. 110 and 119 fine but 129 missing or just an X. So strange... Strong signal but no transponders other than 9. Any idea? All my equipment is legacy, maybe that is the problem.

Known issue with the SW64 and some VIP receivers on 129. Some receivers have been fixed via software but of course as you can see yours has not.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)