VP 722 Re Bootinfg, How often is normal?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

larrylwill

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Dec 18, 2004
How often does a VP 722 reboot normally? Does it reboot after updates? Everyday? Does it matter if it goes to standby when I'm not using it?

Once a day.. The time it does this is changable in the menu (menu-8-5). The standby can be disabled in the menu also. (menu-8-9)

Does it reboot AFTER the update? Even if it is recording a program? Will it reboot while you are watching a program?
I have mine set to go to standby after 4 hours will that affect the update time?

Im asking because I have found incomplete programs stopped in the middle. Last night while watching a program it froze in the middle I had to force a reboot, today I was not watching but it went to reboot even though it was set to update at 3am.

thanks

I've had mine reboot two times in the last three days when I attempted to check signal strength-once on 61.5 and once on 110. Luckily nothing was recording at the time.

To the best of my knowledge, it will reboot at whatever time the update is set for. Even if you are recording something. So you might get shows in two parts missing the time it takes to reboot.. Or incomplete if the reboot takes it past the end of the set recording.. Standby mode doesn't affect any recordings. It just puts up the screensaver if you don't press a key within the allotted time. Update and standby are two separate things.. neither one affects the other.

thanks for your answers, based on them I called Dish and requested a new receiver. Mine was rebooting during times it was not set to update, which was 3am. It was also freezing occasionally which caused me to have to reboot it.

722's have been notorious for having reboot issues.. Always check that the reciever has plenty of space to breath. Never put it in an enclosed space without addequate ventilation. This receiver is one of the hottest running pieces of equipment I have ever seen. A laptop cooler underneath it can work wonders. I have gone into to many house where the customer put the receiver in an enclosed cabinet with no ventilation then wondered why they kept having trouble with it.

I have 2 HD tivos and 1 Direct Tivo and have never had a reboot that I know of. I have checked the temp on the diagnostic menu and the average is 127F it has not moved. I also put a laptop cooler under it for a day, pretty noisy but it still rebooted at the wrong time. I also have not noticed the fan coming on louder except during a reboot. It has been getting worse as time goes on. I had had it for about 3 weeks. One program 3 days ago had a stuttering problem for about 1/2 hour. It would skip foreword every other frame for about 10 frames then run normal then skip then normal, no sound when I tried to FF it the meter just went forward and back about 5 min over and over for as long as I held the button the picture went also forward and back very strange, after about 5 min of holding the ff button it straightened out.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)