Question about returning my dish recivers

revm1m

revm1m

SatelliteGuys Family
Feb 11, 2006
I had called last week to discontinue my dish and two days ago I got the box to return my receivers (VIP 622 & VIP 221) , so I put both receivers in the box with remotes and LNBs and sent it back with UPS and kept a copy tracking paper.

Now today I got another box. I think I should have put each receiver in one box and send them seprate. So Should I do anything or was that ok to send both receivers in ONE box?

KAB

KAB

SatelliteGuys Master
Pub Member / Supporter
Lifetime Supporter
Sep 20, 2005
Fishers, IN
I had called last week to discontinue my dish and two days ago I got the box to return my receivers (VIP 622 & VIP 221) , so I put both receivers in the box with remotes and LNBs and sent it back with UPS and kept a copy tracking paper.

Now today I got another box. I think I should have put each receiver in one box and send them seprate. So Should I do anything or was that ok to send both receivers in ONE box?
You should be fine. Keep a hold of your shipping receipt.

boba

boba

SatelliteGuys Master
Dec 12, 2003
Dorchester, TX.
I assume each receiver should have a tracking number. Seeing they are already in transit you will just have to wait and see the results.

revm1m

revm1m

SatelliteGuys Family
Feb 11, 2006
How much packing material did you use when you put both receivers in one box ?

whatever packing material came in the box. Both receivers fit just fine in one box.

Shipsnake

Shipsnake

SatelliteGuys Pro
Jan 28, 2008
Arlington, TX
When i canelled the same thing happened to me. I put it all in 1 box and it worked out for me just fine. You will be ok. Keep your tracking number just in case.

revm1m

revm1m

SatelliteGuys Family
Feb 11, 2006
When i canelled the same thing happened to me. I put it all in 1 box and it worked out for me just fine. You will be ok. Keep your tracking number just in case.

Thanks!

navychop

navychop

Member of the Month - July 2014!
Pub Member / Supporter
Lifetime Supporter
Jul 20, 2005
Northern VA
BTW, they generally don't want the remotes back. Maybe they can't reissue them for sanitary reasons. When I've upgraded/returned defective units, they always said to keep/toss the remotes. Can't imagine it would be different with cancellations.