VS President on 670 The Score

Status
Please reply by conversation.

RawisTheGameHhH

SatelliteGuys Guru
Original poster
Mar 29, 2006
Southside of Chicago, IL
He said that its DirecTV's fault because they want to move VS to a higher package and profit from it; he also mentioned that VS is the same exact price that it was before to carry it on DirecTV; not a penny more! Negotiations are ongoing. And I am pissed that I missed the Blackhawks game last night too!

He is lying. They wanted 20% more than the previous contract.

He said that its DirecTV's fault because they want to move VS to a higher package and profit from it; he also mentioned that VS is the same exact price that it was before to carry it on DirecTV; not a penny more! Negotiations are ongoing. And I am pissed that I missed the Blackhawks game last night too!

he also told a newspaper that last week. I find it funny that the PBR and Indy are telling people to dump Direct. So long to 5 customers that watch that. I have not missed VS yet. Missing a Hockey is not fun but the announcers blow on VS.

In the end Both companies are going to state what ever makes them look better. The truth lies in the middle.

I have been told that they offered it to DirecTV with NO PRICE INCREASE if they kept it in the programming package that its in now, however DirecTV wants to move it to the Sports Pack meaning the channel will be seen by about 6 million less people.

No, it was in choice extra to start. I believe that Direct would want to move it to sports pack, thus paying less for the channel (fewer subs).

my only point on this is if it was about the move to Sport Pack then it why didnt they agree to good faith agreement which would of kept versus as it current cost and in it current package.

So it about money not position. If it was about position then we would still be watching VS now while they argue about price.

So it about money not position. If it was about position then we would still be watching VS now while they argue about price.
But package placement is about money.

Moving the channel to the Sports Pack means a reduction in monthly spending for the channel immediately (due to fewer subscribers), and gaining more subscribers adding the higher margin Sports Pack as people figure out they need that to get Versus. You probably wouldn't get the full 6 million subscribers back, but they'd likely get enough to make the endeavor worthwhile.

In the meantime DirecTV isn't paying for Versus, they haven't reduced their package pricing, and they're only offering deals to the handful of people who call in to complain. They're still coming out money ahead right now.

Yes and no...

While the price to DirecTV would be the same, by DirecTV moving it to the sports package means a lot less people (millions and millions) would be seeing it thus DirecTV would be paying Versus less.

Also Versus would be losing money in ad revenue which is based on how many viewers they have. If they were put back on DirecTV in the package they were in they would claim they have 12 million possible viewers, however if they are forced into the sports package then its only about 3 million viewers so their ad revenue would drop big time.

So its about the position which turns around and equals money.

As I said I have been told that Versus offered to renew with no price increase to DirecTV if DirecTV kept it in its current package.

DirecTV dont want to pay for 13 million people getting this channel when such a small number of their customers actually watch the channel.

That seems to be the issue.

My only question is why if it was only about its move to sports pack did VS did not agree to let us carry it where it currently is Choice Extra until we worked out something. Which would mean that VS whould not loose subs kept both sides happy. Until they worked out something with Directv. I had one customer nail it on the head she not blaming us she said and I qoute they did it to dish and now there doing it to directv.

Directv might very well be losing money on the deal. Any subscribers for whom VS is a must may have left or leave soon, and some subscribers might not have signed up.

That having been said, if only a percentage of directv customers watch the channel, and its sports related, maybe it belongs in the sports package so the rest of us dont have to pay for it.

:D From the Versus game tonight.

Attachments

• ScreenShot001.jpg
    ScreenShot001.jpg
    54.5 KB · Views: 223
Yea, The blackhawks game was one hell of a game last night, I was slinging it in the hotel room from my uverse account. The hawks won 6 to 5, with 11 goals scored! It was one of those special games that will instantly become a blackhawks classic. Versus did a good job covering it.

That was a heck of a comeback game, I saw the 5-0 score at the end of 1 and figured it was over, then saw the highlights the next morning and saw that they won. I was flat out shocked.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)