VS President on 670 The Score

Status
Please reply by conversation.
At this point I don't really care who is "right" and who is "wrong", I'm pissed at them both, because they really don't care about their customers.

If they did, they wouldn't let this affect so many people like it is, and stop using us as pawns in their negotiations.

At this point I don't really care who is "right" and who is "wrong", I'm pissed at them both, because they really don't care about their customers.

If they did, they wouldn't let this affect so many people like it is, and stop using us as pawns in their negotiations.

Exactly, I can tell you're missing the Wings game tonight :mad:

My only question is why if it was only about its move to sports pack did VS did not agree to let us carry it where it currently is Choice Extra until we worked out something.
This is a play by DirecTV to cut their expenses; they don't save any money if they keep paying for Versus in the Choice Xtra package.

Right now DirecTV is simply reallocating the cash short term to placate customers. Say Versus is $0.30/mo. 14 million subs * $0.30 = $4.2 million not paid for Versus in the month of September. Even if they gave free CI to every one who calls to complain -- $4,200,000 / $160 = 26,250 can be given free CI and DirecTV still breaks even. Now some people are simply getting $10 credits for 6 months, some are getting 50% off CI and others aren't getting anything at all, so the number of subscribers they can attempt to appease with credits is probably higher.

When you read about the issues that DirecTV is having restructuring their debt with Liberty Media it's somewhat obvious why they are dong this. They need to improve their bargaining position and to do that they need to improve their financials. That's also why I believe they're quietly re-uping contracts when you replace defective equipment -- increasing the number of subscribers under contract improves their bargaining position.

If the center ice deal is anything like the sunday ticket deal, it isnt costing them anything even if they gave it away to everyone. As far as I know its a one time payment from directv to the NFL for ST. They probably estimate subscribers as part of the deal.

Yea, The blackhawks game was one hell of a game last night, I was slinging it in the hotel room from my uverse account. The hawks won 6 to 5, with 11 goals scored! It was one of those special games that will instantly become a blackhawks classic. Versus did a good job covering it.

How did you feel about the game at the end of 1 period when it was 5-0 ?

Personally, I missed the Wings game (forgot all about CI package) last night even thou I went to FSD and found it was not there, so the intent to watch was there.
The Wings are on VS 7 times this year, so there's 7 games I'll miss.

IF they move VS to the Sports Package, I will NOT sign up to get the package for VS, so I will miss VS all together .... I never found much on it anyways, the only reason I normally would turn the channel on would be for the 7 games this year, other than that you won't find my TV tuned to it at all.

I'm probably the only one but I was interested in checking the UFL but it's only on versus. :(

You can watch the games from the UFL web site. They have all the games played for on-demand watching and I think they're streaming the live games when they're played.

IF they move VS to the Sports Package, I will NOT sign up to get the package for VS, so I will miss VS all together .... I never found much on it anyways, the only reason I normally would turn the channel on would be for the 7 games this year, other than that you won't find my TV tuned to it at all.
Just 7 games, eh?

So you don't think the Wings are going to make the playoffs this year?

Don't be surprised if this is a down year for the Wings. I'm not saying they won't make the playoffs, just wouldn't be surprised if they aren't the typical Wings we all love.

Don't be surprised if this is a down year for the Wings. I'm not saying they won't make the playoffs, just wouldn't be surprised if they aren't the typical Wings we all love.

"we all love?" Watch out...I'm from Dallas :) Kidding. I'm a Stars fan but the first to say that those Wings are a winning organization. No debate there. When I'm in AA Arena for a Stars game, there's an invasion of red jerseys in the crowd.

yeah, sorry about the wings reference, i was really talking to the couple guys in this thread that I've heard them say they liked the wings. Didn't mean to imply anything.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)