Vs2000

Status
Please reply by conversation.

bigmudge

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Aug 29, 2005
Does anyone have have a vs2000 that works? I dont see this receiver talked about in the threads.

they work fine...little more difficult to set up, but it tis possible :)

check the review area for a review on one :D

Yes Sir
I have read and re-read. After a week of double/tripple checking I have yet to see a channel of any kind.

have you tried to pick something up without the motor?
do you have an active transponder selected? Alot of the TP listings in the Viewsat are outdated 9or are feeds) :)

What satellite are you trying to get? (or if motorized, what is your true south?)

Galaxy 3 is supposed to be my true south
I have scanned by-passing the motor also turning the motor off.
One of the thread said that coolsat LNB is stsndard I've scanned both standard & universal with the same result auto failed.

bigmudge said:
Galaxy 3 is supposed to be my true south
I have scanned by-passing the motor also turning the motor off.
One of the thread said that coolsat LNB is stsndard I've scanned both standard & universal with the same result auto failed.

OK...now I have a little more info :)

Coolsat LNB is standard, so in the setup make sure the LO frequency is 10750

Use the following transponder....you might have to edit it in the transponder setups

11780 frequency
H polarity
20760 symbol rate

On my vs2000 ounce you change from universal to standard all you have is frequency Lo is not an option.(This is in auto)
I can enter all this info in manual mode but the result is the same.
auto-failed noCH

you should be able to change it...I was able to change it when I had mine setup (I no longer have it)

I dont have anything else to try this is all new equip could I have a bad receiver?

possibly..but usually something just isn't set up right.....what happens when you go to the LO frequency, you might be able to hit OK and it gives a list of possible options (10600, 10750, 11250, etc)

Under auto mode when you change universal to standard High/Lo leave and just frequency appears. I set it 11780 but no change.

no no no :)

The LO frequency is 10750. You set that up in the main setup (standard 10750)

once that is set via auto setup, back out and go into manual setup. There should be a transponder that says

11780 H 20760..might be the 2nd or third one...thats the TP you want to use to aim the dish for signal.

Here is a screenshot of the spot (I have more pictures that I'll upload later...they're not on this computer)

auto is where you set it as "Standard" LNB, Galaxy 3C for the satellite and LO of 10750. Save it and go into manual and thats where you can add the transponder

Last edited:
I have this exact menu up but ounce inside it limits what you can do

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts