Vshd/golfhd

Called customer service 2 days ago to fix a minor issue and the rep told me there would be a significant increase in HD Channels within the next couple of months.

Can't Wait!!!!!!!

Can't we just get a hint? :)

By the way...I have a friend who was in Meteorology with me at Rutgers. He has the great task of converting/creating about 1000 new HD graphics for the new HD Weather Channel. They are also awaiting a new HD News Truck for their live shots.

2007 might be the year for HD!

Some more details as outlined in an email to me by CV shared services.

Effective Wednesday, May 23, 2007, Versus HD/Golf HD, a high-definition (HD) service, will be available on channel 719 to customers in all areas (except Woodbury Spectrum, Port Chester, Harrison, and Bridgeport) who subscribe to the iO $9.95 package (and above) or the iO Sports Pak. The channel will also be available to business customers as part of the iO Sports Pak, iO Entertainment and iO Business packages. A HD iO digital converter or a CableCARD-equipped digital cable ready HDTV is required to receive channel 719.

Just saw on the guide channel that the SD versions of Versus and The Golf Channel are moving and that the Golf Channel will now be part of the iO package. Obviously that was the hold up in getting the HD channel.

As of 5/23 The Golf Channel will be on 145 and Versus on 146.

VSGLF-HD is now up on the Norwalk, CT system on channel 719.
The Golf Channel is now mapped to channels 106, 145 (new) and 410.
Versus is now mapped to channels 146 (new) and 408.
The extra locations are not using additional bandwith since there is no lag when switching between them.

VSGLF-HD is now up on the Norwalk, CT system on channel 719.
The Golf Channel is now mapped to channels 106, 145 (new) and 410.
Versus is now mapped to channels 146 (new) and 408.
The extra locations are not using additional bandwith since there is no lag when switching between them.

Now all they need to do is show some HD programming!

The channel is up on Channel 719 in Brooklyn ,New York. The standard channels are on both 410 and 145 for Golf channel and 408 and 146 for Vs..

I found this on a quick google search, maybe we'll get the HD feed. We shall see.

http://www.hdtvuk.tv/2007/05/tour_de_france.html

http://www.broadbandtvnews.com/today/?p=903

Looks like the Tour de France will be on Versus HD, as stated in the recent press release regarding VSGLF.

"We are thrilled that Cablevision is adding VERSUS HD to its channel lineup," said Gavin Harvey, President of VERSUS. "High definition is the most valuable real estate in television and now millions of viewers in the New York area will be able to see VERSUS' best-in-class programming like the NHL and Tour de France in crystal-clear hi def."

http://www.cablevision.com/index.jhtml?id=2007_05_23

Is anybody else having problems with VSGLFHD while watching SCF game 1? There's been more than 10 freeze ups/major pixelation issues. It was incredibly annoying during that whole period. I hope it doesn't happen in the 2nd and 3rd. Or at least not as much.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts