VuQube Tailgater - Western Arc

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

schnej2

Original poster
Aug 6, 2011
mid-Michigan
:confused:

Not a DISH person but I am looking at the VuQube Tailgater that will soon be released for tailgating TV.. I read where it is designed to work only with the Western ARC. I live in the Detroit DMA so I have some concerns/worries..

I understand the Detroit HD locals are on both ARC’s – on Western 129?
What about the regional programming – Big Ten Network and Fox Sports Detroit? Isn’t that only on the Eastern?

If I am in the Detroit area and trying to access the Western birds – Isn’t my elevation a lot lower than the Eastern Arc?

Do they think we only tailgate in parking lots? Mostly we are in people’s front yards in front of houses and around some trees..Won’t this be more problematic with the elevation of the Western ARC?

Thanks for your input/answers…

Maybe I will have to look at other products like the VuQube 2000 or Winegard Carry….

Since the Tailgater is similar to a ground tripod, I can attest that a Dish Pro 1000 mounted on a 3' high tripod can get the WA as far East as Maryland. Michigan is no problem at all.

The Tailgater is a little lower, closer to 1' from the ground , but that shouldn't mean much.

Now you can always get obstructions, tress, bushes, or in the case of tailgating, other vehicles and people. But that should be easily solvable. At least you usually have level ground.

That has nothing to do with the Brussam.

Your Dish 1000 is a 24 inch dish so it can see each satellite. The Tailgater has a 7 inch dish in it and because of this it dosent have that narrow look like you have with a bigger dish, so on the eastern arc it sees 72.7 and 77 as the same satellite.

And let's not forget that the Tailgater only works with the ViP211K.

And let's not forget that the Tailgater only works with the ViP211K.
Also something to think about. Last I saw on the Tailgater it is very expensive. If you want to $ave some $$$$, a dish on a tripod would cost much less. Only problem would be you would have to aim it at the sats yourself. From what I have read here, many seem to not have much of a problem with doing that.

RT.
(P.S. Detroit - DMA is mid Michigan? Thought that was South Eastern Michigan:))
And welcome to the forum.

Last edited:
For $350 the Tailgater is a good price. The VuCube is $499.

But yes the Tailgater needs a 211k to work, the Vucube however will work with anything or any satellite providers.

Really expensive? For how easy the setup is I think this is a great deal. It is upsetting me how long it's taking for it to be released though. Three weeks before the first tailgate of the year.

As for the 211k, I was told the 211 will work but it just needs a software update.

Scott Greczkowski
I wasn't referring to seeing the EA.

I was referring to the OP's original concern about getting a good view of the WA. And in that regard, it had something to do with it.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts