Wah wah. DISH is mean!!!!

Zero327

SatelliteGuys Pro
Oct 8, 2006
The Emerald City
Point Blank, Dish is not a phone company, and its because of that they have no right to touch phone lines. If a dish tech screws up a phone line that causes the phone company to have to come out and fix, who eats that cost, oh yeah let me just say the customer does and not dish. So once again my point is made about this topic.

Then pay the phone line fee and the issue is resolved. Here's your facts "point blank"... You will either pay the fee, or you'll continue to gripe about it and still pay the fee, or third, you'll cancel. Lastly, you can refuse to pay the fee, get shut off, still refuse, get sent to collections, still refuse, get sued and STILL END UP PAYING, (or still refuse and go to jail for violating a court order.) Now Charlie's betting on #1 or #2, personally, I'm with Chuck on this one.

You can yell, scream, disagree and complain all you like (which I find kind of funny because it's like watching a child throw a temper tantrum in the toy isle because their parents said no.) You WILL pay for the fee, or you will cancel. You have no other options. Self-rightousness has yet to get a customer out of a bill.

gadgtfreek

SatelliteGuys Master
May 29, 2006
Lower Alabama
Point Blank, Dish is not a phone company, and its because of that they have no right to touch phone lines. If a dish tech screws up a phone line that causes the phone company to have to come out and fix, who eats that cost, oh yeah let me just say the customer does and not dish. So once again my point is made about this topic.

You are really not making any points, youre just complaining.

The Dish agreement(THAT EVERYONE SIGNS) states youll be charged the access fee if a line is not present.

This has nothing to do with whether Dish is a telco or not. They told you the requirement, and what would happen if you did not meet it. Get over it.

srs913

SatelliteGuys Pro
Jan 8, 2006
Seeing as being you totally ignored my comment of who eats the cost of a tech screwing up the phone line, i'll just consider myself right and you as wrong, thank you and have a nice day!

Zero327

SatelliteGuys Pro
Oct 8, 2006
The Emerald City
Prove E* screwed it up (I mean actual proof, not mere accusations, that would be most of the supposition above.) and they'll pay for it. Otherwise, that'd be you too. :)

gadgtfreek

SatelliteGuys Master
May 29, 2006
Lower Alabama
Seeing as being you totally ignored my comment of who eats the cost of a tech screwing up the phone line, i'll just consider myself right and you as wrong, thank you and have a nice day!

As far as I know, its not Dish's job to install the jack, I was under the impression all they would do is plug in the cord. So I must ask, what are you babbling about.

Are you mad because they wont move a jack for you but require a connection? Are you mad that since they wont move/install a jack for you, you must do it yourself or have the telco do it?

If you did not want pay the fee you should have:

A) Never signed the agreement knowing you had no intention of connecting it
B) Had someone install a jack for you
C) installed it yourself

Why is it E*'s fault when they told you up front.

srs913

SatelliteGuys Pro
Jan 8, 2006
Ok, this ones easy to prove.

Phone line working before dish shows up

Phone line not working after tech plays with it trying to hook up for receiver

Now, dish is not going to take fault ever and you know all too well the tech will lie about it as well leaving the customer (myself) to eat the cost. now tell me thats fair.

Dish installs tv, dish does not provide phone service and therfore does not have any authorization to touch phone lines in a house.

gadgtfreek

SatelliteGuys Master
May 29, 2006
Lower Alabama
Ok, this ones easy to prove.

Phone line working before dish shows up

Phone line not working after tech plays with it trying to hook up for receiver

Now, dish is not going to take fault ever and you know all too well the tech will lie about it as well leaving the customer (myself) to eat the cost. now tell me thats fair.

Dish installs tv, dish does not provide phone service and therefore does not have any authorization to touch phone lines in a house.

Now, if you were trying to say that dish screwed up your line during an install, why not just say that instead of ranting about the fee.

Have you looked at it, jacks are very simple items. And depending on how longs its been, they probably wont fix it.

If the jack was damaged during an install, you should have called them back asap.

srs913

SatelliteGuys Pro
Jan 8, 2006
What im trying to say is that if a tech screws your phone system up to where you need to call the phone company to fix it and that has happened probally numerous times to count. You as the customer are expected to eat the cost of the service call that you need to have the phone fixed from the dish tech. Thats why im saying that dish has no right to touch the phone lines and also has no right even though they do do it is to charge a fee to have a line connected a receiver that plays no vital role in watching tv.

gadgtfreek

SatelliteGuys Master
May 29, 2006
Lower Alabama
What im trying to say is that if a tech screws your phone system up to where you need to call the phone company to fix it and that has happened probally numerous times to count.

Ok, so we're back to pure speculation again.

Thats why im saying that dish has no right to touch the phone lines and also has no right even though they do do it is to charge a fee to have a line connected a receiver that plays no vital role in watching tv.

And now we are back to complaining.

I think you are assuming E* installers will install and screw up jacks(never had one offer to do this for me) and I think you are mad because you didnt read the agreement and have to pay a fee.

srs913

SatelliteGuys Pro
Jan 8, 2006
Speculation - To you means that the customer is just making stuff up and we have no rights.

Complaining - This because customers such as myself that are sick to death of crappy work resulting in extra work that myself has to pay for out of pocket which brings me back to your little speculation concept.

srs913

SatelliteGuys Pro
Jan 8, 2006
Your missing my point all together, Dish installs tv, not phone service and therefor has no right to touch let alone install a phone line in your house. If I want a phone line, I'll contact the professionals that do it for a living AKA the phone company.

clrntsqueak

SatelliteGuys Family
Jun 12, 2007
Your missing my point all together, Dish installs tv, not phone service and therefor has no right to touch let alone install a phone line in your house. If I want a phone line, I'll contact the professionals that do it for a living AKA the phone company.

The phone company RAPES customers when installing phone lines/jacks. Their prices are INSANE.

gadgtfreek

SatelliteGuys Master
May 29, 2006
Lower Alabama
Speculation - To you means that the customer is just making stuff up and we have no rights.

Complaining - This because customers such as myself that are sick to death of crappy work resulting in extra work that myself has to pay for out of pocket which brings me back to your little speculation concept.

Heres the speculation: "you need to call the phone company to fix it and that has happened probally numerous times to count."

When you said "probally", you let me know you have no idea, you are guesstimating or speculating. You have not once said that this happened to you personally and you are speculating that it has happened "numerous times"

Here's the complaining: "also has no right even though they do do it is to charge a fee to have a line connected a receiver"

Its not like E* hides the fact they do this. If you had such and issue with "out of pocket" expenses liek the access fee, you should have shopped around for another provider.

Do I feel sorry for someone who did not read the paperwork and is mad that they have to pay a fee, um NO.

Do I feel sorry for someone who let an Satellite Tech install a phone jack that caused problems, um NO.

gadgtfreek

SatelliteGuys Master
May 29, 2006
Lower Alabama
You don't even have to buy them. ceo@e* sent the wireless phone jack to me for FREE.

Even better, Ill note that if I ever need em :up

The phone company RAPES customers when installing phone lines/jacks. Their prices are INSANE.

And would you not consider this if you were ordering service that required a line near your tv?

Some people don't think things through and then want to blame everyone else. School of hard knocks is one way to learn, but not the best.

srs913

SatelliteGuys Pro
Jan 8, 2006
Having my receiver connected to a phone line is BS. Whats dish going to require 10 years from now, that my receiver be connected to my fridge, stove, or what the heck my vacume cleaner even. The phone line does not make a bit of difference when it comes to watching tv. Yeah the points I just made are comical but they make just as much sense as requiring a phone line connected.

Zero327

SatelliteGuys Pro
Oct 8, 2006
The Emerald City
Having my receiver connected to a phone line is BS. Whats dish going to require 10 years from now, that my receiver be connected to my fridge, stove, or what the heck my vacume cleaner even. The phone line does not make a bit of difference when it comes to watching tv. Yeah the points I just made are comical but they make just as much sense as requiring a phone line connected.

Well E* gets to charge you for their point, yours we just laugh at. :)

clrntsqueak

SatelliteGuys Family
Jun 12, 2007
Even better, Ill note that if I ever need em :up

And would you not consider this if you were ordering service that required a line near your tv?

Some people don't think things through and then want to blame everyone else. School of hard knocks is one way to learn, but not the best.

Exactly. If you don't want the installer messing with your phone lines and getting the phone company to do it is too much money then just EAT the $5. How hard is it to understand that having your receiver connected gives you a $5 discount since the box has TWO tuners. You get TWO for one if you have the receiver connected to a phone line.

Or you can tell ceo that the phone jack that's near your TV doesn't work and they'll most likely send you a wireless phone jack for FREE, which works perfectly. She even waived the phone fee for this month. :)

Continuously saying that the phone line charge is "BS" isn't going to change anything. Dish Network is not going to care what you think is BS.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)