Waiting (and waiting) for channel load

cmassey

Original poster
Dec 5, 2005
I am a new TimeTrax / Sirius user. I can't get past "Waiting for channel load". It has been over 24 hours since I activated Sirius. Is this a problem with my Sirius activation or signal strength? Or is this a TimeTrax issue? Any info would be greatly appreciated.

Have you opened a support ticket ? I would suggest you contact TT as it seems this post got lost so far :(

In this case cmass - the first thing is to confirm that you are running the most current version of the software. Otherwise, get your ticket going and then keep everyone updated here in the forums.

David K.
Time Trax

Also "Waiting...and waiting...."

David,

I have had an open ticket 23133 for a bit over two weeks now for this very same problem. I sent in a debug file about a week ago and have not heard anything since.

Could you check and see the status of my problem? I would really like to be able to use TimeTrax.

Thanks.

Eric

The Waiting for channel load almost always has to do with signal strength.

Try different positions of your antenna and see if it improves.

I will look into your ticket status when I return to the office later today.

Derek

Signal Strength

Ok.

I have had Sirius try to activate the radio three times, at least one of those times, the TimeTrax reported signal was 100%.

It doesn't seem to matter where I put the antenna. I was told that the Sirius satellites are not stationary, so that I should expect the signal strength to change all the time. I have it sitting on the sill of a South facing window on the second floor. Are there general rules about what constitutes a good spot?

Can you try and move the antenna to the outside of the window?

I know that for my personal setup at home I had to place my antenna on the roof of the garage to get a proper signal.

Even if you could try it temporarily to confirm that the antenna placement isn't the issue....

D.

Antenna

I will try to get the antenna outside. I can hear channel 184 though and that is all that is supposed to be necessary. Are you saying that the radio won't recognize the activation signal from Sirius if I don't have a consistently very strong signal?

If you can hear Channel 184 then you are good to go.

If the activation isn't working then we have to investigate other options.

Are you making sure that TimeTrax is running and you are tuned to channel 184 when you ask to have the activation sent?

Are you leaving the radio tuned like this for at least 20 minutes after the activation request?

Derek

I left it on for quite a while. Sirius said it would only take five minutes for the signal to come through.

If the signal drops out during the 20 minutes would that prevent activation from happening?

From posts on Sirius Backstage it seems lots of people have had problems with the Kenwood connect one. I saw a post from a couple of days ago where they requested activation 11 times without success, including some sort of backdoor activation that also failed. They got a different radio head and within five minutes everything was fine.

Can I swap the kenwood for something else? I keep being told that if I can hear 184 then the signal is not the problem, yet the radio refuses to activate.

All I know is I've spent $300 and I've got nothing to show for it.

Please indicate who you are in your Support Ticket and I will do what I can for you.

Derek

I mentioned your name and my log on here in the support ticket.

Thanks.

Directed (the company the makes the SIRIUS Connect line of radios) has been great about replacing problem units and troubleshooting any consistent problems that we've had.

If anyone gets a radio that seems to be a problem, we will go ahead and swap it out for a different unit then test it ourselves before exchanging it with the manufacturer or distributor.

In almost all cases we will want to do some basic troubleshooting to make sure that it appears to be a radio hardware issue prior to issuing an RMA and shipping label. To get the process started, all you have to do is open up a support ticket on our site ('contact support' within the 'support' section of our site).

David K.
Time Trax Customer Service

David,

Earlier in this thread, I mention the ticket number (23133 is the number - no one has responded to me in over a week) that I already have open. I sent in a debug file, but never heard anything back.

What else needs to be done to determine that the problem is or is not the radio?

One other thing: If the activation goes through, how will I know. Does the "Waiting" message get replaced with an updating message or something similar. The Sirius tech line says the screen should say "Radio Updated". What's the TT equivalent?

Thanks

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)