Waiting for 811 end of February Fix...

BudShark

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Oct 13, 2003
Supposedly the next round of fixes for the 811 are supposed to arrive by end of February (I thought this included fixes for OTA channel mapping and 2 day program guide).

Any update to the list of fixes or a delivery date? I'd imagine they won't send it on a Friday - so I'd say today through Thursday, otherwise they missed the end of February target.

Chris

P.S. The end of February was a posted timeframe given to someone by engineering. I am not the source, nor do I claim internal knowledge. I will say if they have no pending fixes for some of these problems it may be time to start looking elsewhere. A receiver with this volume of issues going 3 months with only 1 fix is not too good of a start.

Never pin your hopes to a date when it comes to satellite stuff. It will always let you down. Ignore the "end of Feb" and get on with it.

I received a phone call from Dish within a few hours of sending them an email.

Software version 264 for the 811 is scheduled to start spooling Wed. IF for some reason they run into a glitch it will start first of next week.

Some fixes - some new stuff. I was kind of caught off guard by the quick response and not in a position to write it all down but I know he mentioned a lot about the epg, lost signal issues, mappign locals, vcr timers.

Guess we'll see
Walt

Hi everyone! After waiting 5 weeks for an 811 receiver I stumbled on to this site to discover I am far from alone.

I just dropped Charlie (or whomever answers his e-mail) a note to express my displeasure of waiting.

Anyway, it sounds like the 811 may have been designed by Microsoft with the number of bugs it has... still I would rather be a guinea pig with Dish 811 HD service than watching nothing but standard dish service.

waltinvt\ said:
Software version 264 for the 811 is scheduled to start spooling Wed. IF for some reason they run into a glitch it will start first of next week.

Please, please I hope this fixes the majority of the issues. I just got the "Oh Great! What did you say this new receiver did so well???" from the wife, after it locked up going from OTA to sat...AAAHHHHH :(

I'll be running home and changing my setting from "download automatically" to "notify me..." then I'll watch the forums to see if, in an attempt to make things better, Dish has screwed up anything else on the 811. ;)

Unless they send out this update to all receivers, in the past its taken a while for all receivers to get an update, 50x models for example.. one can only hope that it will arrive this week. I for one would like to see the dark video fixed. However I think the tech chat said that might be later..

normang said:
Unless they send out this update to all receivers, in the past its taken a while for all receivers to get an update, 50x models for example.. one can only hope that it will arrive this week. I for one would like to see the dark video fixed. However I think the tech chat said that might be later..

For the last update, they seemed to all be updated at the same time.

DenR said:
For the last update, they seemed to all be updated at the same time.

I would suspect that with the 811, they're probably dealing with a lot smaller volume of units that have to receive the upgrade.
Walt

That must be the reason they push out the changes for the 721's all at basically the same time (not a ton of them out there).

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)