Waiting for a box to return my leased 622

fredp

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Apr 10, 2008
Williston, Vermont
OK I upgraded to a Hopper back on Saturday May 11th. During the activation process I asked would Dish be sending me a box so I could ship back my leased 622. The Dish rep said yes. She verified my address to ship the box to. I thought everything was ok. Well as of today no box. Did the Dish agent get this wrong? I'm trying to do the right thing here and get the 622 back to Dish. I figured I'd ask here before calling Dish or asking a DIRT member to intervene.

Did a Dish tech do hte upgrade? If so, they were supposed to take the old receiver.
Yes it was a DNS tech but when I asked he said his boss said not to take the box. I bet that's probably BS due to the fact that my Hopper was purchased rather then leased. The tech did a fantastic job with new wiring etc., so I didn't push it. The whole visit was free since I have the PP plan.

If DISH's returns are anything like BellTV's return process -- its utterly crap-tacular. I returned 3 different Bell 4100 receivers. Each return was approximately 1 month apart, and it took 2-3 weeks to receive the return labels and packaging. They sent me a bubble envelope for each receiver.... not a box... a bubble envelope! Fortunately my pack-rat like nature of saving boxes for electronics -- I put the shipping label on the original box the receiver came in, called Purolator Courier and sent them back to BellTV. With that being said -- hang on to your shipping & tracking information slip for at least 4-6 months. On all three of my returns - four months later I was charged four separate $99 charges for non-return of receivers on my bill. I checked the tracking numbers on my invoices and they were sitting in one of Bell's warehouses for four months. I wasn't very nice to BellTV's rep when I noticed the charges on the bill.

Dish and Bell TV...completely separate companies/operations. Only commonality is Echostar equipment.

If DISH's returns are anything like BellTV's return process -- its utterly crap-tacular. I returned 3 different Bell 4100 receivers. Each return was approximately 1 month apart, and it took 2-3 weeks to receive the return labels and packaging. They sent me a bubble envelope for each receiver.... not a box... a bubble envelope! Fortunately my pack-rat like nature of saving boxes for electronics -- I put the shipping label on the original box the receiver came in, called Purolator Courier and sent them back to BellTV. With that being said -- hang on to your shipping & tracking information slip for at least 4-6 months. On all three of my returns - four months later I was charged four separate $99 charges for non-return of receivers on my bill. I checked the tracking numbers on my invoices and they were sitting in one of Bell's warehouses for four months. I wasn't very nice to BellTV's rep when I noticed the charges on the bill.
My experience in the past with returning two 622's for hardware problems was nothing less then great. Got the new 622, packed up the old one in the box, took some pictures and sent it off. MaryB of the DIRT team responded to this thread. I sent the information she requested. Life is good!:D

My post wasn't to meant to bash either Dish or Bell. I know that Dish and Bell aren't the same company, but they use the same equipment; I was only trying to emphasize that when you do return a receiver, you will want to hang on to your shipping bill for verification and proof that you did your part. I can only imagine that if I had gotten rid of my receipt when I handed the packages off to the courier, I'd be paying $300 for Bell misplacing equipment.

My post wasn't to meant to bash either Dish or Bell. I know that Dish and Bell aren't the same company, but they use the same equipment; I was only trying to emphasize that when you do return a receiver, you will want to hang on to your shipping bill for verification and proof that you did your part. I can only imagine that if I had gotten rid of my receipt when I handed the packages off to the courier, I'd be paying $300 for Bell misplacing equipment.
Understand. I always keep the bill and take pictures of the receiver both out of the box and in as proof of the condition of the unit. I too have read horror stories of returns, some of them here in the past. DIRT members such as MaryB and RayC that I've now worked with are a great asset.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts