Waiting For The Third 722 Replacement.

willywonka

Original poster
Oct 13, 2010
Central Washington State
Is there an inherent reliability problem with the 722K receiver? I am waiting for my third replacement in two years. The first one developed a mind of it’s own; it started recording random things, then started shutting down. This last one simply started doing a constant shut down. Is there any way to tell how hot the unit is getting? I checked all the power connections and wall plug, no issues detected.

Finally, Is Dish really the best deal compared to Direct? I am getting really tired of the problems and being rewarded with a price increase.

Thanks

Most repetitive receiver problems are cause by one of two things (or both): Overheating due to poor or no air circulation in its' environment or/and home electrical problems such as improper grounding or reverse polarities. For example, several times I've gone into peoples homes with Dish and see they have other components stacked over or under them. I've made sure those cases were corrected. Not saying any of this is your exact problem, but worth examining, seeing that this is your third. NOT normal.

To see temps: Menu-6-3-Counters...temps about 7pages down (use page down button). Mine are High, 120...Low, 110...Avg, 112.

Last edited:
And use a very good surge suppressor or UPS. I have no problems with my two ViP722 units. Once in a while I notice the voltage has dropped and my line conditioner/UPS has kicked in the battery. Generally only last momentarily or for a few seconds.

Was that a confession?;)

If sitting inside an enclosure with the Sony sound system receiver and a Pioneer dvd player exposes it to too much heat, yes. That is how the "Professional Installer" set it up originally and I remember questioning him about heat. (I administrator a computer network with 6 file servers. They are in a room that never sees temps above 60 degrees). He said heat wouldn't be an issue and I assumed he knew what he was doing. We all know what happens when you "ASSume"

Any opinions about the differences between Dish and Driect?
Thanks

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts