Waiver Tricks Dallas ABC

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

jdclark2000

Original poster
Sep 13, 2005
Any suggestions/tricks for getting Dallas ABC to grant a HD waiver. They denied me today. Thanks.

Call and talk with the station manager. WFAA is the weakest HD local OTA we have, at least to me.

I'm uneducated on this OTA stuff, sorry. What does that mean ? And were you successful in getting a waiver? I'm in McKinney and would just like to watch Football in HD on ABC, not asking a lot. Thanks for the info.

I've called and tried to get a waiver before also from WFAA. Didn't get anywhere with it.
They told me they don't grant waivers.
I'm in McKinney also. WFAA is the only channel I cannot pick up OTA.

Most new digital stations were all shifted to the UHF band, with pretty high power. WFAA was one of the first stations to go digital, and they were a test of low power VHF. Their analog channel is 8 and digital channel is 9. I pick them up in Plano but have a few dropouts occasionally, even with a 7 foot antenna on my roof. I actually have been having problems with CBS11 lately, and their digital channel is 19. An interesting side note-- when WFAA fired up their transmitter for their first tests, they knocked out all the wireless heart monitors at Baylor hospital. They shut down and held off the tests until the hospital could re-crystal their units as they were using the unused (up until then) TV channel 9. Many wireless microphones no longer work in the DFW area due to saturation of airwaves, hopefully when the analog stations shutdown, those freqs will come open.

I live between Allen and McKinney and pick up channel 8 fine. I have an outdoor Radio Shack antenna that cost me $70. It works fine with an occasional freeze but not very often. I watched the Monday night football game without problem
Don

jdclark2000 said:
Any suggestions/tricks for getting Dallas ABC to grant a HD waiver. They denied me today. Thanks.

You waited too long to get the waiver, they were giving them out early last year b/c pressure was being applied due to the lower HD antenna standards/transmissions of the station itself. I have it but i'm grandfathered in now (the weird thing though is that they are the only east coast feed that I pay extra for). Well, look on the bright side when mpeg 4 finally rolls dallas will come through on the sat in HD. Until then, just keep trying. Good luck!

Call the station manager and tell them without a waiver you will file a complaint with the FCC for their showing a completely nude Dallas Cowboy Player bouncing what god gave him in the locker room on their newscast.

Tell them that as it tape and not live, the FCC CBS Fine for Janet Jackson will look like peanuts.

May not be legal but when does a little Blackmail never hurt :)

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)