Wal Mart to Carry HD DVD Players and Movies

saw the movies in Walmart today. Sure looks tempting. But no streaming of HD files from computer makes it seem to me like the ethernet is worthless on it. The 360 with HD DVD would probably be superior. I bet the remote works a ton better too. But then theres the HDMI issue with 360. Why cant anyone get it right????

I havent seen HD DVD at any of the Walmarts near me. Best Buy had a nice display, but the movies are just too expensive there (most were $30).

-John

I have yet to see a HDTV at a walmart look great. Some look good, most ok at best. They split the siginal and use the worst cables in the world.

teamerickson said:
How was that picture quality vurbano? Better then a pizza pan dish, c-band or OTA? Go ahead admit it, you can say it. It looked real good didn't it? Best you've ever seen. :D
They only had movies 19-25 dollars, no players :(

S%^&. I got excited when it looked like they chose HD DVD to succeed. If they've added BluRay then they aren't sure either.....

S%^&. I got excited when it looked like they chose HD DVD to succeed. If they've added BluRay then they aren't sure either.....
Demographics of this area is the reason I guess that the local Super Wally doesn't have any HD-Dvd players or discs... in fact as far as I know there is one place ( furniture store) that has a Blu-ray here and Hastings ( a movie rental place) has HD-Dvds for sale but no players:rolleyes:

Man, the 3 wal-marts by me all have a ton of HD-DVD's in stock, on the shelf, right next to the blu-ray discs.

Very GOOD price! I just wish the sold the HD DVD's in store!

heres the deal on that according to a regional media manager for wal mart, in early feb. they do whats called a reset, to see what is selling at their trial stores, she said by middle to late feb you will see lots of HD DVD and Blu ray in the stores, so we will see where they are going in Feb.

heres the deal on that according to a regional media manager for wal mart, in early feb. they do whats called a reset, to see what is selling at their trial stores, she said by middle to late feb you will see lots of HD DVD and Blu ray in the stores, so we will see where they are going in Feb.

Alright this would be very GOOD!:up

jgantert, that might not be true for all Walmarts. I have been buying BluRay from my local Walmart for the last three months. And they cary HD-DVD too. They do not have a specific section like Target, BestBuy or Circuit City but they have them. And they get in new releases. I guess if the location sells them they get them, if they don't they do not receive them. You should ask store management if any Walmarts in your area carries HD-DVD/BLURAY, I am willing to bet if you have more than one of them one will.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)