Wal-Mart's $100 Gift Card Boosts PS3 Sales

SO far so good. I had three free BDs that came with the SONY LCD, so we watched one tonight (50 First Dates); not sure why they provided it as a freebie to show off the format, but the sound was crisp, and the PQ was very good - particularly all the Hawaii scenery.

The remote is definitely cheap, but who cares; its a remote. For $200, it was a steal.

Not gonna abandon the HD DVD player though; I'll buy discs when I find them for a steal; but never again will I buy a plain-old DVD. The collection will all be red and blue from here on out. :)

Alright!!:clap:clap

I am trying to restrain myself from using that $100 gift card to just buy a bunch of movies. :)

But its a nice way to complete the HT room; BD, HD DVD, Dish 622. Couldn't ask for more. :)
Same here... will be renting 1 or 2 Tuesday(when off again) for sure... now you need a HR20 to complete the system :D I bought Con Air yesterday though so I can watch it...

Just got cloverfield and jumper in today. After reading Cloverfields audio reviews(already saw it at the theater), Im popping it in and cranking it up after the US Open concludes.

Just got cloverfield and jumper in today. After reading Cloverfields audio reviews(already saw it at the theater), Im popping it in and cranking it up after the US Open concludes.
I havent read any yet (as I head over to the forums to see the reviews) let me know what you think of the movie as that is one I want to check out!

Same here... will be renting 1 or 2 Tuesday(when off again) for sure... now you need a HR20 to complete the system :D I bought Con Air yesterday though so I can watch it...

I have pushed my wife as far as anyone could... I know my limits ;)

Since April, 40" Sony XBR4 LCD, dedicated HT room; 106" screen, Mitsi FP, 5 in walls, new sub, new receiver, second dish receiver (722); second HD DVD player, and now a BD player. I think I have done pretty damn well. :D

I havent read any yet (as I head over to the forums to see the reviews) let me know what you think of the movie as that is one I want to check out!

I paused it halfway thru and looked at my wife, she scowled and said "yes it sounds like the theater" :D:D

Paramount brought it and the audio was awesome. I hope Transformers comes with the same quality.

Im willing to say its the best audio Ive heard to date, action wise. There have been great dialog movies like Valley of Elah, but I think this is the best explosion one yet.

That $200 Magnavox has proven to be quite the steal. Just finished watching I AM LEGEND. PQ is amazing, and the sound is phenomenal with my Denon receiver. And unlike the Toshiba HD DVD players - when you hit stop, and then power down, and power up again, you can resume where you left off.

Got the PS3 in Friday and my Blu-ray rentals were here waiting on it. 5 mins worth of install and another 5 on setup and it was rocking & rolling. It looks damn good.

Rented the new Rambo, Hidalgo and Magnum Force

Target had the sony BR Player for $200 yesterday. It was marked down from $399.99. Scott wanted one, but I reminded him he already has a PS3. :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)