WALA psip ch 10 xmit ch 9 mobile alabama over the air signal much weaker at night

cormjay

Original poster
Apr 23, 2014
alabama
Within the last 6 months, WALA virtual ch 10 xmit channel 9's signal has increased during the day to be acceptable to my UHF dual bowtie antenna, distance to xmtr about 15 miles, but the signal has massive amounts of errors at night. The FCC database says they have only 1 xmtr location. Their EIRP on ch 9 is only 39Kw and non-directional. Why did the signal get stronger 6 mo ago but only during the day? Before 6 mo ago the signal was too weak to pick up.

Within the last 6 months, WALA virtual ch 10 xmit channel 9's signal has increased during the day to be acceptable to my UHF dual bowtie antenna, distance to xmtr about 15 miles, but the signal has massive amounts of errors at night. The FCC database says they have only 1 xmtr location. Their EIRP on ch 9 is only 39Kw and non-directional. Why did the signal get stronger 6 mo ago but only during the day? Before 6 mo ago the signal was too weak to pick up.
WALA RF 9 is on a VHF-High channel. Your UHF antenna is not the best antenna for that channel.

Here is an estimated signal report from rabbitears.info:
RabbitEars.Info

You can do your own report at this site. TVFool reports are out of date. I use coordinates from Google maps.
RabbitEars.Info

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts