walk me through this...

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Lkr

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Apr 19, 2008
so I've been with D* for 3 years, happy with the service. I pay about $136 after taxes for 3 SD receivers, 2 HD receivers, and an HR22 DVR. I do not have whole home DVR. I am interested in that and in getting a better DVR since the HR22 is pretty awful. will it be CSR roulette to get a deal to upgrade? i'm willing to do another contract if they'll give me a deal worth getting. the only competition for TV in my area is Comcast, and with their bundles, i can't really find much savings over what i have now, even despite the fact i pay about $70/mo just for Comcast internet service. I do like the fact that Comcast has quite a few channels in HD that I don't get, plus the package I'm looking at includes HBO, Starz, OnDemand that is usable, and RedZone. So what do I do? It doesn't help that Comcast's website is awful and lacks information when looking at bundles. is their DVR awful even in comparison to the lowly HR22?

Since there isn't anything technically wrong with your HR22, getting another dvr would get you an additional two years and no guaranty of which model. It could be another HR22. You could get it from a vendor. That way it would be the latest HR24. The other option is the HR34, which is in a different category from the other dvrs. It's called the HMC, or home media center. 5 tuners and a 1tb hard drive. You may be able to get a deal on it. The normal price is $399. Call Directv and ask, it can't hurt!

Find a local installation company and try doing an account in your wifes name

the problem with that is i'll have to pay $200 or so upfront again for those HD receivers I think. i'll see if they'll cut me a deal on HR34 and a whole home DVR setup.

You've been around here a long time so you know all about CSR roulette. Good luck with your quest! Whole home is great even if you have to pay for it.

joed32 said:
You've been around here a long time so you know all about CSR roulette. Good luck with your quest! Whole home is great even if you have to pay for it.

Oh I know, but that doesn't mean I want to play this game haha. I'm already trying to get Comcast to lower my Internet bill.

Worst comes to worse I will call my local installer and see if he has an HR24. If he does, I will order it through D* so I get it free and I will either go with the whole home DVR if they'll swap my equipment and only charge the install fee or I'll just use two DVRs and swap out one of the D12s I use on an HDTV with one of my H20s. Best case scenario is a free HR34 though

Sent from my iPhone

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)