I'm Leaving Directv!

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

lizzie

SatelliteGuys Guru
Original poster
Jun 12, 2007
I just got off the phone with the customer service, and was treated very rudely by a supervisor. I have had service since 2010, and have had enough of their attitude. I had to wait on hold for over 30 minutes for the supervisor. The person couldn't even give me a straight answer about the length of my service. Then she told me to look on my account on the internet site for it, but wouldn't tell me exactly where it was locate on the site. I don't know what is going on with this company, but it seems that quality control has gone way downhill in the past few months. Dish maybe winning a new customer. I really miss my bud. Are there other options besides cable?

aahh csr reoulette. you will get that with any provider
call i made earlier this week went well

but if dish or cable have what you want, then do it.

Are there other options besides cable?
Your options depend entirely on your needs. IPTV and disc by mail may get you where you need to go but if you're a news or sports (or heaven forbid, weather) junkie, you'll have to find some manner of real-time TV.

If you log into your account, you won't have any trouble finding your information. The CSR can't do it for you and may have never been there themselves.

Sounds like to me that you checking on you 2 year contract with Directv and thinking about leaving any way. Go for it.

lizzie, I would try calling back. One bad call shouldn't cause you to switch providers unless the experience was beyond acceptable. Generally speaking, Directv's customer service is pretty good. From what I have read you won't do any better with a different provider, probably worse in fact. As to your service time, if you are looking for your contract end date, it's not on the internet. You must call to find that information out. Good luck!

Your options depend entirely on your needs. IPTV and disc by mail may get you where you need to go but if you're a news or sports (or heaven forbid, weather) junkie, you'll have to find some manner of real-time TV.

If you log into your account, you won't have any trouble finding your information. The CSR can't do it for you and may have never been there themselves.

Could you please tell me what IPTV is?

Leave? Whatever fits your needs. Most all of us do it from time to time. We all know that idiots are abound in this world and some of them work for every TV provider in the world. Get used to it and if you want to leave your provider do it.

lizzie, I would try calling back. One bad call shouldn't cause you to switch providers unless the experience was beyond acceptable. Generally speaking, Directv's customer service is pretty good. From what I have read you won't do any better with a different provider, probably worse in fact. As to your service time, if you are looking for your contract end date, it's not on the internet. You must call to find that information out. Good luck!

I did call back, and talked to a very nice lady that time. I think the first two agents were newbies. I guess I'll wait out my contract, but really don't watch enough tv to get my money's worth. I just hate that sometimes they tell you one thing, and then you call again and they tell you something else.

I do like internet tv. There are so many programs that are free. It must be hard for the satellite companies and cable companies to compete with it.

I did call back, and talked to a very nice lady that time. I think the first two agents were newbies. I guess I'll wait out my contract, but really don't watch enough tv to get my money's worth. I just hate that sometimes they tell you one thing, and then you call again and they tell you something else.
They should split the company into two entities...technical/programming called DirecTV, and a separate customer service department called InDirecTV. ;)

Last edited:
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)