Walking dead on-demand sound issues?

griz_fan

Pub Member / Supporter
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Jun 13, 2004
Meridian, Idaho
We're trying to watch episode 301 of the Walking Dead that Dish is providing on-demand for free. Picture quality is great, but the center channel sound is completely gone. I'm getting ambient sounds (back channels, etc..) but no dialog. We have 2 TV, both with the same problem. Main TV is connected to our hopper (HDMI to our 7.1 AVR) and the other TV is a Joey with HDMI directly to the TV. Same symptoms on both TVs. All other programming is fine. Has anyone else seen this?

griz_fan said:
We're trying to watch episode 301 of the Walking Dead that Dish is providing on-demand for free. Picture quality is great, but the center channel sound is completely gone. I'm getting ambient sounds (back channels, etc..) but no dialog. We have 2 TV, both with the same problem. Main TV is connected to our hopper (HDMI to our 7.1 AVR) and the other TV is a Joey with HDMI directly to the TV. Same symptoms on both TVs. All other programming is fine. Has anyone else seen this?

If you don't mind waiting until 10:00 eastern Dish is showing it on channel 455 for free. I checked it out and it doesn't have 5.1 sound but it doesn't have the glitch you are talking about either.

I just checked the on demand version and I am not getting the problem you are mentioning. I also have a 7.1 AVR(Onkyo), although the on demand episode isn't actually 5.1. Everything looks and sounds great to me though.

primestar31 said:
I'm Eastern Arc, and I don't have a channel 455. Which sat is that channel running from?

I'm on eastern arc as well. It is coming from 72 for me in HD. It looks like it is in SD on 456 if you don't have HD.

Edit: Maybe you don't have it in your favorite list or you have PPV channels blocked. This episode isn't actually a PPV but the channel is normally used for PPV sporting events.

I'm on eastern arc as well. It is coming from 72 for me in HD. It looks like it is in SD on 456 if you don't have HD.

Edit: Maybe you don't have it in your favorite list or you have PPV channels blocked. This episode isn't actually a PPV but the channel is normally used for PPV sporting events.

Yep, that was it. I had the PPV channels locked out due to the wife being "bored" sometimes when I wasn't home. That gets real costly....

Tons of channels, HTPC, Blu-ray player, WDTVLIVE, FTA receiver C and KU, Dish AT250 with BB@Home, and she gets bored...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)