Wall Street is reporting that DISH and T-mobile in Merger talks

That is what I was going to quote...

"
A Deutsche Telekom spokesman said the quotes and paraphrases in this story are false.

He declined to say how they were false."

Love the good ole NY Post. I have seen them on more confrontational and false stories than MSNBC and FoxNews, and that is quite impressive to out do them. Do these journalists and "papers" not know that fact checking on the internet is easier now than ever? Hell, you do not even have to type your search in with Talk To Text.
The NY Post is a tabloid rag.

Dish Network is talking to several banks about providing financing a bid for wireless carrier T-Mobile that would include up to $15 billion in cash, according to the Wall Street Journal.
The Journal said Dish is considering borrowing between $10 billion and $15 billion to fund the cash portion of a T-Mobile bid. The bid for the fourth largest wireless carrier in the country would consist mainly of stock.
multichannel.com

The article also stated that Deutsche Telekom might end up becoming a minority shareholder in the deal, retaining as much as 27% of the combined company.

2 Reasons The T-Mobile and DISH Network Deal May Not Happen http://www.fool.com/investing/gener...the-t-mobile-and-dish-network-deal-may-n.aspx
The potential marriage between DISH Network (NASDAQ: DISH ) and T-Mobile (NYSE: TMUS ) seems so logical that many people assume it will happen.Even though the two companies are only discussing a possible deal and have not agreed upon anything, the logical mix of assets makes a lot of sense. Both have a customer base in complementary fields that would benefit the other, and DISH has a whole bunch of wireless spectrum. T-Mobile needs that spectrum to enhance its wireless network, while DISH must to put it to use or lose the rights to that lucrative asset.

Reactions: MikeD-C05
Then there is this...

http://finance.yahoo.com/news/deutsche-telekom-talks-comcast-t-105405562.html
Deutsche Telekom is in talks with U.S. cable company Comcast about a potential sale of T-Mobile US, German Manager Magazin reported on Wednesday, citing sources. Deutsche Telekom is in talks with several parties, including satellite provider Dish, according to the magazine, but Comcast is viewed as a more attractive buyer by the German telecoms provider's management. Comcast would be a better candidate as it is financially stronger and would be able to make an offer to buy all shares in T-Mobile US, Manager Magazine reported.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk 2

Then there is this...

http://finance.yahoo.com/news/deutsche-telekom-talks-comcast-t-105405562.html
Deutsche Telekom is in talks with U.S. cable company Comcast about a potential sale of T-Mobile US, German Manager Magazin reported on Wednesday, citing sources. Deutsche Telekom is in talks with several parties, including satellite provider Dish, according to the magazine, but Comcast is viewed as a more attractive buyer by the German telecoms provider's management. Comcast would be a better candidate as it is financially stronger and would be able to make an offer to buy all shares in T-Mobile US, Manager Magazine reported.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk 2

Comcast source: Company not interested in buying T-Mobile

http://arstechnica.com/business/2015/06/comcast-reportedly-trying-to-buy-t-mobile/

I don't know how a Comcast/T-Mobile deal would fare when it comes to getting a pass from the FCC and DOJ. That would give Comcast which is one of the top if not the largest broadband providers a big hold on pricing.

Reactions: TheKrell
I read that too, evidently Deutsche Telekom thinks TMobile US is worth more than Charlie wants to pay. Mentioned something about them trying to talk to Comcast again, but I don't think the Feds would ever let that fly. Comcast is too vertically integrated as is, with content, production, and distribution, wireless would make them a worse monopoly than now.

Lmao. What do you think they are going to say, Tmobile isn't worth what Dish is proposing?

I wonder what Charlie will do know? With no T-mobile merger , that leaves DISH out in the cold for cell companies ,unless he looks at buying Sprint?

I wonder what Charlie will do know? With no T-mobile merger , that leaves DISH out in the cold for cell companies ,unless he looks at buying Sprint?

Do now? I wonder as well. But I think the Sprint acquisition is still out of the question.

I dont think that the fat lady has sung on a TMobile deal yet. I am sure Deutsche Telekom is just trying to get the most for TMobile, so they will try and shop it around. Charlie is just playing chicken I suppose to see if he can get it for what he wants to pay.

Reactions: Tampa8 and TheKrell

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts