Wally and Dish Anywhere

We got that.
The point of Dish anywhere is to stream Live TV and recordings, So the answer is NO a Wally can't do this.

When I had a Hopper, I used Dish Anywhere to schedule recordings. So if I get a Wally with an EHD, it's good to know that functionality works... it doesn't for my 211k.

Reactions: Troch77
Actually, comfortably_numb, the answer is, "YES", the Wally does support Dish Anywhere. All you need is a working broadband connection to your Wally, and the app. You can -

View your prg guide and channel lists, including any ota
Create, edit, and delete your auto tune timers
Use your smartphone or tablet as a virtual remote
Create, edit, and delete your dvr's timers and programs (with a connected external hard drive)

The missing information is how to accomplish this?

Have an H3 w/sling and now a Wally both currently on the same LAN. I can not see the Wally via dish anywhere as and app or via the web...

Actually, comfortably_numb, the answer is, "YES", the Wally does support Dish Anywhere. All you need is a working broadband connection to your Wally, and the app. You can -

View your prg guide and channel lists, including any ota
Create, edit, and delete your auto tune timers
Use your smartphone or tablet as a virtual remote
Create, edit, and delete your dvr's timers and programs (with a connected external hard drive)

The missing information is how to accomplish this?

Have an H3 w/sling and now a Wally both currently on the same LAN. I can not see the Wally via dish anywhere as and app or via the web...

Unfortunately it is not possible. The user guide issued when the Wally was first released was incorrect. The Wally cannot interface in any way with Dish Anywhere *at this time.* It is capable of it but they haven't enabled it.

Reactions: pattykay

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts