Wally and OTA module question

Yragha

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jan 24, 2006
Thinking about coming back to Dish after 4 years away and this question is related to the Wally receiver and local channels. Am I able to order an OTA module like I was back in the day on the 722K and if so... WHERE and how's it's performance?

Many thanks!

The OTA module for the Wally is a USB OTA Adapter. It costs $30. I have one on my Hopper 3, same as the one of my original Hopper 1, and it works just fine. You will not be able to order it from Dish until you have the Wally activated on your account. You can purchase it elsewhere but you will pay more for it...

Reactions: Yragha and Tampa8
As a wally owner would add that the information above is correct. OTA works fine for live viewing but I also have a EHD that acts as a DVR. When I watch OTA I am not able to pause/rewind live TV without the wally glitching the video and audio. Wally is fairly new so I've not be able to find another member who has a wally OTA and EHD that has the same issue though I have the issue on both of my wallys so I'm leaning towards a software issue not a bad wally I got.

Reactions: TheKrell and Yragha

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts