Wally signal loss

Doughhead

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Jun 15, 2018
Western desert
My RV Wally receiver has quit. I have it connected to a full size dish, western lnb.
I have been testing the signal. My cheap satfinder tells me I should have 13 to 18 volts.
This must be from the center pin to the swiveling nut? Mine is 0 volts, at the Wally.
Am I testing correctly?

Jim5506

SatelliteGuys Master
Pub Member / Supporter
Lifetime Supporter
Oct 19, 2004
Slaton, Texas
"MY Wally receiver has quit." doesn't tell us much.
Is the receiver totally dead?
Has it lost satellite connections?
Does it display any picture at all on the screen?
Any error messages if there is a picture?
Direct connection of a Simpson Meter may not tell you what is happening if the circuit won't send current until a certain load is detected.
What diagnostics have you done?

Doughhead

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Jun 15, 2018
Western desert
Ok. The screen says complete signal loss. I have tried a spare lnb. My satfinder says I should have 13 to 18 volts in the coax cable. I have 0. I tested at the Wally. Could the Wally be toast? I am a beginner at this.
Thanks.

JSheridan

SatelliteGuys Master
Lifetime Supporter
Feb 16, 2008
USA
Ok. The screen says complete signal loss. I have tried a spare lnb. My satfinder says I should have 13 to 18 volts in the coax cable. I have 0. I tested at the Wally. Could the Wally be toast? I am a beginner at this.
Thanks.

If there's no voltage on the satellite port of the Wally then it sounds like the Wally has a problem. You can try unplugging it for half an hour or so and trying it again. If it still has no voltage at that point then it probably needs to be replaced.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)