Wally, what dish?

Marlin Snell

Original poster
Apr 23, 2019
Milbank, SD 57252
Planning on doing a Wally for camping (Western Arc) and just looking to do a standard dish with it, yes I have experience in aiming dish. What current dish works for a Wally? DPP or DPH? I have searched other threads, but they all end up leading somewhere else.
Thanks,
Marlin

Planning on doing a Wally for camping (Western Arc) and just looking to do a standard dish with it, yes I have experience in aiming dish. What current dish works for a Wally? DPP or DPH? I have searched other threads, but they all end up leading somewhere else.
Thanks,
Marlin

If you're using just one Wally the easiest way to go would be a 1000.2 dish and a DPP LNB.

Thanks J, What if I ever decided add a second Wally. I'm guessing that's where we get deeper?

A second Wally on a DPH LNB would require a second wire from the dish to the receiver. If you use DPH you can use one wire and a channel stack splitter but that gets a little more complicated.

Reactions: charlesrshell
Thanks,
Marlin
I asked that same question myself and couldn't find an answer anywhere so I took it upon myself to figure it out and here's what I came up with.
The dish Wally will work with the 1000.4 Western/Eastern ark dish with a DPH -LNB if using only one Wally a single wire directly to the Wally and then to the TV worked perfect. If using more than one Wally you must run a direct connection from the dish to each Wally one at a time to activate the Wally once it's activated disconnect the direct connection and use a power pass splitter I found mine at Lowe's for $7 one wire from the dish to the splitter. And then the outputs to each Wally. This configuration allows you to tune to different channels on each Wally. I hope this information helps someone I sure wish I could have found it to help me

Thanks,
Marlin
I asked that same question myself and couldn't find an answer anywhere so I took it upon myself to figure it out and here's what I came up with.
The dish Wally will work with the 1000.4 Western/Eastern ark dish with a DPH -LNB if using only one Wally a single wire directly to the Wally and then to the TV worked perfect. If using more than one Wally you must run a direct connection from the dish to each Wally one at a time to activate the Wally once it's activated disconnect the direct connection and use a power pass splitter I found mine at Lowe's for $7 one wire from the dish to the splitter. And then the outputs to each Wally. This configuration allows you to tune to different channels on each Wally. I hope this information helps someone I sure wish I could have found it to help me
Thank

Attachments

• 20210102_132603.jpg
    20210102_132603.jpg
    145.5 KB · Views: 114
  • 20210102_132639.jpg
    20210102_132639.jpg
    184.9 KB · Views: 109
  • 20210102_132535.jpg
    20210102_132535.jpg
    271.8 KB · Views: 98
  • 20210102_132544.jpg
    20210102_132544.jpg
    229.4 KB · Views: 104

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)