Wally with Pathfinder X2 loses signal at night

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

wdavis9

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jan 26, 2013
meridian, ms
My Wally and pathfinder x2 has great signal strength all day but at night but when I cut off my receiver the next morning I get a “complete loss of signal “ screen. I have to rescan to get service again. Help please.

Sent from my iPhone using SatelliteGuys mobile app

Just turning off with remote.

Ok, that's not the issue then... The only thing I can think of off hand is that the voltage to the X2 is dropping below the ~14 volt required minimum when the Wally goes into standby. Do you have a volt meter you can use to check it? A work around might be to leave the Wally on and just turn off the TV at night. I don't know if the Wally has an idle time out or not.

Reactions: charlesrshell
Tried leaving it on last night. Same thing happened had to rescan this morning. Maybe like you said voltage issue when Wally goes to standby. How would you check voltage to Pathfinder?

Tried leaving it on last night. Same thing happened had to rescan this morning. Maybe like you said voltage issue when Wally goes to standby. How would you check voltage to Pathfinder?

Carefully check the output voltage from the Wally at the coax with it disconnected at the X2. Turning the Wally off with the remote puts it in standby, so check with it both off and on. It should read close to 19 volts when on, but it could be the Wally shuts off the output in standby. I don't have a Wally, so I can't check that.