Need Help Installing Dish IR Converter Kit

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

smithan04

Original poster
Jun 29, 2019
Houston
I purchase the kit because I would like to use a Harmony remote on TV2. The instructions seem easy however I am stuck on Step 6. The reason being, the previous 5 steps indicate connection onto TV2. Since this converter is being installed on TV2 it is not in the same room as the Dish receiver and step 6 reads "Connect the TV2 IR Converter to the receiver..."

Step 2 reads " Connect one end of an included RG-6 coax cable to the TO TV port on the TV2 IR converter. Step 3. Connect the other end of the coax cable to the ANTENNA/CABLE IN port on TV2.
Step 4. Connect the TV2 IR Converter's power supply to the DC IN port of the TV2 IR Converter.
Step 5. Plug the power supply into an outlet. The green POWER light, between the RECEIVER and DC IN ports, should be lit.
Step 6. Connect the TV2 IR Converter to the receiver using one of the supplied 10" RG-6 coax cables. One end of the cable goes to TV2 IR Converter's RECEIVER port and the other end to the receiver's REMOTE ANTENNA port."

Thank you for any guidance.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)