Wallys Guide Updates

That American Girl

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Jan 7, 2023
Columbus Ohio
Can anyone explain any reason as to why every blessed Wally that I have to deal with for the Dish Outdoors peeps simply REFUSE to download the new channel guide once we change the customers location?

I'm having to force the guide update one EVERY DAMN ONE. I'm about to yank out what's left of my hair and go crazy. And i don't need any more crazy. I'm completely full up on that!

Halp!

Can anyone explain any reason as to why every blessed Wally that I have to deal with for the Dish Outdoors peeps simply REFUSE to download the new channel guide once we change the customers location?

I'm having to force the guide update one EVERY DAMN ONE. I'm about to yank out what's left of my hair and go crazy. And i don't need any more crazy. I'm completely full up on that!

Halp!
I have a Wally and Tailgater both rarely used but have noticed it's a pain in the ass. I will fire it up and try and get you a step-by-step guide. Most of the time I just stumble on it.

Reactions: charlesrshell
I have a Wally and Tailgater both rarely used but have noticed it's a pain in the ass. I will fire it up and try and get you a step-by-step guide. Most of the time I just stumble on it.
Is the Wally different than my HWS'? I press "Menu" twice on my 40.0 remote to get to the "Diagnostics" page, select "Tools" from the left side menu before clicking on "Guide Update" at the lower right of the page. Four clicks and done...

Every time you change locations you should run a check switch and then it should force an update that night. You can force it yourself through the tools menu if it doesn't. The only experience I have with the Wally is it has updated on it's own when it is in one place.

She's not asking how to do it but why she has to force it manually whenever the location is changed.
Mostly, yes.
I do tech support and normally we update the location for the customer, send the hit, and boom.... they're ready to go. But lately we have to have them to go into diagnostics and force the download manually.

I was just curious if anyone else who uses the DO equipment has been having to do this. And if anyone might have an idea why.