Walmart drops price on Sony blue-ray player

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Not open for further replies.

Van

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Jul 8, 2004
Virginia Beach
Saw it in the store today, Sony blue-ray player price drop from $389 to $289 and its not on a temporary price drop tag.

I saw an HD-DVD player in one of the local Wal-Marts yesterday for the first time. They may have had the $99 A2 special deal but they had NONE before or after that sale.

They have the Toshiba HD-A3 for $198. It's cheaper at Amazon and free shipping.... It's getting tempting but I'm still worried about which format will "win".

The BDP-S-300 is the one they sell isn't it? That is the only one on their website and it is $347. I think I will just get me a good upconvert DVD player and wait this battle out a few years.

The dvd price is what's keeping me away but now Im bothered by the recent release of the latest harry potter and the lack of week one sale price on it.

It's still way too much, the price should be comparable to HD-DVD players.

The BDP-S-300 is the one they sell isn't it?
What is sold on their website and what is sold in stores have NO relationship. They may have the same item at both, but different prices, and no, the stores will NOT price-match the website.

It's still way too much, the price should be comparable to HD-DVD players.

I think the price on the HD-DVD players are a touch lower because they see the writing on the wall.

My wife bought me an A3 HD-DVD player for Christmas and I am really beginning to wish she picked up the Blu Ray but I am not going to pick one up unless its a PS3 for the time being.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)