Walmart price drop on milk.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Van

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Jul 8, 2004
Virginia Beach
Im not sure what th price of milk is for everyone but walmart has dropped the price here by $0.20 for the last three weeks, hope it helps those who need it.

When we were in FL a couple of weeks ago, a gallon of milk was $4.25.... What does it cost elsewhere nowadays ? I'm used to getting it on sale for $2.50 and normal price just under $3.00.

I buy my milk from Kwik Trip (gas station chain) in bags (yeah I know) for 1.22 a 1/2 gallon so 2.44 a gallon

jug is 2.59

$3.70-$4.20 depending on the brand here in Tulsa ... probably a little bit cheaper at the local wal-mart or you can generally get it for $3.00 on sale at one of the stores around town.

WHat state? Ive never seen milk in a bag
My Mom used to buy milk-in-a-bag when we were little but it was only available from one place, a drive-thru. You had to use "their" pitcher or else the bag would fall into the container you kept it in.

A friend of mine who lives in Canada says they got "Bagged Milk" all over. Its usally a dollar or more cheaper then in the carton we dont have it here in FLA to my knowledge, but the schools I went to used small bags of milk instead of cartons, Saved the school thousands and thousands a year. and the waste was a lot less.

Sams Club has milk for $1.99 here. Just picked up three gallons for the kids.

When we were in FL a couple of weeks ago, a gallon of milk was $4.25.... What does it cost elsewhere nowadays ? I'm used to getting it on sale for $2.50 and normal price just under $3.00.

Funny how one end of the state is different than the other. The cheapest I see it is $3.29 (or thereabouts). Usually closer to $3.75

To be honest, I don't know how much it costs nowadays. I think my wife has bought milk twice since we've been back, once at Walmart and once at Kroger. I don't know what she paid though.

I was thinking back on this a bit more and when I did my shopping yesterday I noticed that they had alot and I do mean alot of stuff that was marked down from what had been normal prices for a few months. Now some were sales and meat was one that had alot of sales but there are alot of other products that werent onsale that I noticed a price drop on such as hot dogs wich have been at 2 for $3 on the oscar meyers for over a month now. Its possible that the prices have been dropped down due to a nearby piggly wiggly, publix, krogers, and food lion but I know that the publix is the highest chain market intown and only beaten in cost per product by the earth fare wich is a health food store. Still I'm thinking theres more to it and I see it in the declining daily store food shipments going out from where I work, I know that publix and kroger are hurting to as they are ordering less food as well ( pays to know people in the industry ) so there may be a change in the cost of food if only done by the grocers themselves.

Let me put it this way about the declining food sales at markets, if things continue the way they are going I and other people I know will be out of a job in 6 to 12 months, walmart has already asked people at my location to take voluntary lay offs because of the declining sales.

Sams Club has milk for $1.99 here. Just picked up three gallons for the kids.

WOW $1.99 / gal is a great deal. $3.77 no-name and $4.27ish for the name which to me does have a fuller (sp?) and richer (likely a bit more fat content) flavor. I also think it cooks better and makes better steamed milk to mix with my espresso.

Funny how one end of the state is different than the other. The cheapest I see it is $3.29 (or thereabouts). Usually closer to $3.75
There's a receipt laying on the kitchen counter and it shows $3.58 for a gallon but she got it on sale for $2.99.

Kroger Milk is going for $2.78 per gallon here while Wal-Mart dropped the price of their milk a dime and is now $2.68 per gallon for their milk in this area. Brand name milk is usually around $4.00 to $4.50 per gallon. FoodFair (was Foodland) had Borden milk for $2.99 per gallon so that was the cheapest I seen that brand of milk go for.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts