WANE-TV and Antenna tv

danristheman

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jan 25, 2011
85w
Wane-TV in the Fort Wayne area just signed up to broadcast Antenna tv on 12-26-11. At least this a lot better than color bars that have been since August.

Dan Rose

huh
You get good channels added like Antenna TV
We get 6 new religious channels (3ABN moved from analog to digital this past Friday) ;)

we're up to 18 now
the 5 channel TBN mux (TBN, Church, JCTV, Smile of Child, Spanish), EWTN 5 channel mux, Daystar, Cornerstone and now 3ABN on 6 channels

although we did Metv a couple months ago which kicks butt :)

Lol it amazes me the differences in markets. Hartford is a small market, yet we get many of the "good" programming on the sub channels. ME TV, Bounce, Antenna TV, Cool TV, This TV..... We even get an out of market CBS channel, because it is a sub channel of a Hartford CBS channel..... All with guide info except Bounce TV. Although Tampa has more channels and is a much bigger market, I don't believe they have as many of these sub channels.

Last edited:
Lol it amazes me the differences in markets. Hartford is a small market, yet we get many of the "good" programming on the sub channels. ME TV, Bounce, Antenna TV, Cool TV, This TV..... We even get an out of market CBS channel, because it is a sub channel of a Hartford CBS channel..... All with guide info except Bounce TV. Although Tampa has more channels and is a much bigger market, I don't believe they have as many of these sub channels.
I think your Hartford line up is better than my DALLAS DMA with over 50 channels. When I lived in MA. Ch 3 Hartford was my only channel it came up the valley I lived in Springfield channel were blocked by high ground.

I agree. Here in Minneapolis there are only 2 stations that really embrace the "subchannel" theory and thats CW (owned by Sinclair) and ABC (owned by Hubbard...they started USSB back in the day)
CBS has no subchannels (its O&O so they dont put anything on there)
ABC has MeTV and This TV
NBC has a 24/7 weather thing from Weathernation (its run by their former weather guy.....you Dish subs saw this for about 3 days)
PBS has Create
CW has CoolTV and Country Network
Ion has their mux (Qubo and IonLife)

Fox screwed the pooch when they switched to digital. They had a full power UHF signal pre-conversion. When the conversion happened they went back to their VHF station (9) and at much lower power thinking they could cover the same area. Well they didn't. So they took the SD feed of their Fox and SD of My (on 29) and swapped them on the RF station. So the only subchannel on both is a SD version crossed.

Alot of it has to do with the owners. When you have CBS, Fox and My owned by the networks you pretty much wont see any subchanels. NBC is owned by Gannett who likes to put their weather thing on a subchannel well then you are limited. But hey we got 18 church stations :rolleyes:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)