Want a new HR54

Status
Please reply by conversation.

diitto

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Aug 10, 2005
We have an HR34 that finally died today. I want an HR54 as a replacement. I am willing to pay the $299. Directv will send me a replacement for $20 but no guarantee as to what I might get. Can I compel Directv to send me an HR54? If I pay them $299?

I found an HR54 at a local Directv retailer. But it was not in a box and had its access card unwrapped and stuck in the slot on the receiver. Gave me a bad feeling so I did not buy.

So what is my best option to get an HR54? Solid Signal or what??

Thks

Don't know much about this, but one time I purchased a receiver for Comcast and they refused to provide programing for it because they didn't allow non Comcast receivers to work for their system. I switched from Dish to DTV about 18 months ago to get 4K programs which I understand required a HR54. I told them if the installer brought out anything else, I was going to refuse it.

Happy ending, the installer did bring an HR54.

We have an HR34 that finally died today. I want an HR54 as a replacement. I am willing to pay the $299. Directv will send me a replacement for $20 but no guarantee as to what I might get. Can I compel Directv to send me an HR54? If I pay them $299?

I found an HR54 at a local Directv retailer. But it was not in a box and had its access card unwrapped and stuck in the slot on the receiver. Gave me a bad feeling so I did not buy.

So what is my best option to get an HR54? Solid Signal or what??

Thks
If you are requesting a upgrade to 4k you will get an HR54 or HS17. There are benefits and drawbacks to each. If you do a search you will find numerous posts about each.

The HS17 has 7 tuners and a 2TB hard drive, while the HR54 has 5 tuners and a 1TB drive. However, if you get the HS17, you won't be allowed to have any other DVR or even non-DVR receiver on your account. The only type of receivers allowed with the HS17 are the Genie Mini clients. With the HR54 you can have whatever type of receivers you want including additional DVRs but you can only have one Genie.

Status
Please reply by conversation.