Want To Replace One Of My 508s With HD Receiver - What Are My Options?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

Jeff Blank

Pub Member / Supporter
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Jan 25, 2005
Hi all. I am a long time DISH subscriber (10 plus years). I currently lease a VIP 622 and I own two 508s. I have a 1000.2 satellite dish pointing at 110, 199 and 129 and it works great. I would like to upgrade one of my 508s to another HD receiver and I would rather lease that new receiver. What are my options?

Offers are constantly changing. You can log in online and see what they offer, or call. If you call and they say they'll lease you a ViP DVR for an upfront fee of $125, try to talk them down to $75. Keep in mind, you don't pay a DVR fee on the 508s, but you likely will on a ViP DVR, unless you have AEP.

Vip612 does on room HD DVR,30 Hours HD 200 SD, and is very stable now compaired to earlier models ,Its $75 But can be had for $55 with a little bugging , Free with the right CSR and a lot of Bugging.

Vip622 is $100 for the upgrade, 30 hours HD 200 SD, and works great, $75 is the cheapest I've heard of for an excisting customer, But who really knows,maybe someone got a free one.

Vip722 was $125 records 55 hours HD 350 SD, Thats about all I know about this receiver.

Plus all I think now can use an external hardrive for way more recording space.
All need a Internet,or Phone connection to avoid $5 fee.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)