Want to take it camping, but need your help, please.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

tluker

Original poster
May 21, 2012
Alabama
Guys, I am so confused.

I have an older dish that I had prior to my current one. It is a SF2-D3. I plan on taking it and D12-500 receiver since I don't need HD in the camper.

I'm HOPING my elevation and azimuth are already correct from the old install since I'm only going ten miles down the road to camp??

I purchased the iphone dish pointer app, but honestly am not sure how to use it. I played around with it and can see the arch with the W119 coordinate. I'm thinking this is where I need to point my dish? (zip 35111).

Any help will be GREATLY appreciated!!

okay, after hours of studying this I THINK I may be grasping a little better.

Am I correct in that with my dish, the ONLY satellite I can pick up is W101? I realized with the app, I can lock on that sat and get the rest of the numbers I need. Right?

Thanks!

IF your only looking for your SD signals, yes, the 101 will have your core programming on it, so it is possible to use your set up your talking about.

If you need HD at all, you'll need the Slimline dish.

Being only 10 miles down the road, your probably correct that you can use the same set up that you currently do at home.

Personally, I would go out and set it up in your yard to make sure all is working and at that point your elevation is set .... make sure when you set it up that your tripod is plumb, this is critical as the Sat your hitting is 23,000 miles up, so slightly off plumb is HUGE.

:welcome to Satelliteguys!

If all you need to get is 101, then the settings from your house to camp are virtually identical. When getting sd signals, a plumb mast isn't as critical as with an hd setup, but you might as well get it right. It makes receiving strong signals easier.

Sorry to post under this thread, but it is sortof the same premise/idea. Is it not possible to point a round 18" dish to 110 and pick up the HD signals? I am wanting something for camping as well and figured using the 18" dish would be easier to point since there is no tilting/turning the dish sideways.
Thanks!

Sorry to post under this thread, but it is sortof the same premise/idea. Is it not possible to point a round 18" dish to 110 and pick up the HD signals? I am wanting something for camping as well and figured using the 18" dish would be easier to point since there is no tilting/turning the dish sideways.
Thanks!

:welcome to Satelliteguys!

There are no more hd channels at 110, they have been moved to 99 and 103.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)