rad

Supporting Founder
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Lifetime Supporter
Cutting Edge
Sep 7, 2003
Dripping Springs, TX
If you've been keeping up with the HR20-700 CE releases you might want to check out thread DBSTalk.Com since it looks you can start testing the remote booking function.

Surprised nobody mentioned it before over here. Guess mods are too busy playing with their new HD channels. BTW there's some new CE's announced for tomorrow night at DBS.

Rad,
Have you tried this ?
I got to the web page and it greeted me, put in a request and it confirmed it.
however it did not record.
That said, I started in the middle of a half hour, so I am going to try again at 11 pm.

Interestingly enough, I found that , at the moment , you cannot record you local channels HD version, (13.1) for example, it tells you that the channel is invalid.

Jimbo

Jimbo, didn't try to do it for a currently showing program, I did one though that started in 10 minutes, got the confirmation e-mail and it worked fine.

As for the locals, I think they're still working on that part of it based on what I saw in that thread.

Surprised nobody mentioned it before over here. Guess mods are too busy playing with their new HD channels. BTW there's some new CE's announced for tomorrow night at DBS.

I had not mentioned it because I was unaware of it being available now, also the fact that I have been without internet for the last few days.

Jimbo

After getting the email confirmation, I looked and it was not recording, I looked closer at the email and it shows a different DVR recording, I need my main room , but the DVR scheduler website automatically decided I want the other one, How do I tell it which one to record, there is no place on the screen to place this info, it goes by access card number.

Jimbo

After getting the email confirmation, I looked and it was not recording, I looked closer at the email and it shows a different DVR recording, I need my main room , but the DVR scheduler website automatically decided I want the other one, How do I tell it which one to record, there is no place on the screen to place this info, it goes by access card number.

Jimbo

When I did it I was presented with the option of which of my HR20's I wanted it to record on. Is one of yours a HR20-100 and the other a -700, if so that might be why only one shows up, I've lost track if the -100 can do remote booking since that box is always a tad behind on CE releases.

When I did it I was presented with the option of which of my HR20's I wanted it to record on. Is one of yours a HR20-100 and the other a -700, if so that might be why only one shows up, I've lost track if the -100 can do remote booking since that box is always a tad behind on CE releases.

No mine are both -700 now.
One I have in the trailer and the other is in my family room, it decided that I wanted to record on the one that I have in the trailer ................

How do I change this ?
btw, the one in the trailer at the moment, is NOT connected to the Internet in any way, why would it suggest that one ?

Jimbo

Last edited:
From what I've seen, the Remote Booking has some work to be done yet.
Of course it's still in the beta stage.

I tried to record something today and it does not give you an option to decide which HD DVR you want to record on and it is giving the wrong DARE for the recording at least in the confirmation email.

email response:

We have received your record request from DIRECTV.com. Please see the details of your request below:

on Channel at Wednesday, December 31 7:00 PM EST
DVR #: xxxx-xxxx-0920
I set it up for the current day and it will record on Dec 31st ???

Jimbo

Over the weekend, I was able to talk to D* and have them make the HR20-700 in my living room the Primary one, it appears that it wants to record the primary rec.
I don't know why I cannot choose between which DVR....
Yes I do, the other one is NOT Networked !!!
I think that explains that.

edit:
I just got the email confirmation and once again it shows it will record on Dec 31st instead of today, I just set this up 10 minutes ago.

We have received your record request from DIRECTV.com. Please see the details of your request below:

DVR #: xxxx-xxxx-7116

Jimbo

Newsflash

Over the weekend, I was able to talk to D* and have them make the HR20-700 in my living room the Primary one, it appears that it wants to record the primary rec.
I don't know why I cannot choose between which DVR....
Yes I do, the other one is NOT Networked !!!
I think that explains that.

edit:
I just got the email confirmation and once again it shows it will record on Dec 31st instead of today, I just set this up 10 minutes ago.

DVR #: xxxx-xxxx-7116

Jimbo

NEWSFLASH !!!!

It worked this time !!!!
Now that it sees the correct unit
I don't know why it originally decided to record on the other unit.
Now the next test is to go to a different location and try it !

Jimbo

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)