Want to upgrade equipment

Called again today. Was going to see if main support could handle. I currently have an HR44 attached to one TV and 2 clients that I have to pay $7 a month for so $14.

The HS17 doesn't attach to a TV so I need a 3rd client. The (foreign) rep said I'd be paying an extra $7 a month ($21) total because I would now have 3 clients. Doesn't the "first tv free" thing still apply or is it really now $21 if you get an HS17?

BTW, I can't see my bill. I have ATT Fiber. When I go to DirecTV it says billing is handled thru ATT and it shoots me over there. When I get to ATT it says "your billing has moved to DirecTV" and shoots me back to DirecTV. I'm in a loop.

BTW, I can't see my bill. I have ATT Fiber. When I go to DirecTV it says billing is handled thru ATT and it shoots me over there. When I get to ATT it says "your billing has moved to DirecTV" and shoots me back to DirecTV. I'm in a loop.
Have you tried contacting either ATT or D* about the issue?

Called again today. Was going to see if main support could handle. I currently have an HR44 attached to one TV and 2 clients that I have to pay $7 a month for so $14.

The HS17 doesn't attach to a TV so I need a 3rd client. The (foreign) rep said I'd be paying an extra $7 a month ($21) total because I would now have 3 clients. Doesn't the "first tv free" thing still apply or is it really now $21 if you get an HS17?

Your first TV would be free with the HS17 so you pay for 2 clients at $7 each

the tower or server and the first client are included in the monthly programming package. and client after the first one is 7.00 extra a month for the room access fee. if you have 3 mini's that would add an extra 14.00 if you had 2 mini's that would add an extra 7.00. i was told buy alot of techs to avoid the gemini box as it's a POS!!!

• Wow
Reactions: DirecTVFanSince2016
I believe I have been talked into upgrading to a wireless/Genie2 setup a few times. But with all the glitches it seemed to have had (It was around 2019/20), I didn't really see that as a viable option. My current setup is still quite reliable today, as it was when I first got it almost seven years ago.
they tried getting me to upgrade to the gemini box a few times. i laugh in there faces and told em i'm not signing a contract for a glorified streaming box. i told em come out with a new genie then maybe we will talk :biggrin

OP you said your paying to much have you tried calling in and threatening to cancel??? we threatened to cancel we let em shut it off for 2 days before the winback called us back asking us why we canceled. i told em that paying close to 300.00 a month to watch the idiot box was f**king insanity and demanded to be treated like a new customer and it worked!!! we got the 2 year price lock and the prepaid gift card were using the same boxes so no contract!!!

Make sure to ask nicely though.
ask niceley :coco :biggrin. you should have been there when we added the HD box for camping it took about 10 phones calls and 3 hours of ripping the hair out of your head explaining what we wanted to do 20 times over... i had to tell the third world chick the box would be going on a seperate dish setup 7 times :coco. calling dtv customer service will make one an alcolholic :coco

• Haha