Want to upgrade to the hopper

One would have to go back to pre 1999 to not have had at least the old full-rebate offer. That will be nearly 14 years ago. Sorry, but the vast number of current subs did get the FREEBIE deals from the time Dish was just over 1 million subs, only the wealthy who had the $500 plus to buy the system between 1996 and 1999 may have a weak point, but they can afford to do what they want anyways, being rich as they are.
As stated in previous post,I paid $750.00 for our first Dish setup. I am by no means rich. What I did as I had done for many years was to take our federal income tax return and apply that money to something the whole family could enjoy. It was 1997 or 1998 when I made the purchase. Called Dish/Echostar direct and paid for a Dish setup(receiver,dish,install kit). Our upgrades came when receivers died or when I purchased additional receivers locally at Sears.

It sounds like you are one of the people who signed up before promos back in the late 90's. Most people who signed up since 99 I believe have been receiving a promo when first signing up. And the "leased fee" isn't a leased fee. Its basically an additional outlet fee. If it was a "leased fee" then they wouldn't charge it for customers who own their equipment. The first receiver on the account is included in your programming costs and every additional receiver has a monthly fee.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)