Want to watch UFC 234 on PPV. Not on Directv!

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Thats not the PPV. You cant physically order it on the website and its not in the program guide nore is Directv listed on UFC.com as a PPV provider.

ufc.JPG

The link you provided is for when it airs on ESPN.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

There is a reference to UFC 234 en Espanol but when you click on More Info you get "Currently not available We're sorry but this is not available within the next 14 days". Channel 123 (if that's still the special events PPV channel) does not list any UFC events either. Doesn't look like the apparent lack of coverage is an AT&T-wide thing as it's still listed on the U-Verse site with all of the ordering info.

Watch UFC 234 en Espanol- LIVE Live! Don't Miss Any of the UFC 234 en Espanol- LIVE action! | DIRECTV

Pay Per View | UFC 234: Whittaker vs Gastelum – AT&T

I can't imagine the impact this will have on the commercial side. Every time I went to a sports bar & grille for a UFC fight, it's been DirecTV 100% of the time. I doubt many places will be able to source the fight elsewhere this time given the short notice, but if this is long term I wonder if these places will just forget about the UFC, or bring in a second provider. Due to NFL ST, I don't see many sports bar & grilles dumping them.

Reactions: whitewolf8214
This was my exact concern. You already have those leaving in a mass exodus from DirecTV and DirecTV now. When people find out they cant order the PPV on Saturday, I don't think that's going to help things. With the UFC having availability everywhere else, I doubt they will cave at all. It's sad because DirecTV used to be the premium leader in sports. I don't think you can say that anymore.

I can't imagine the impact this will have on the commercial side. Every time I went to a sports bar & grille for a UFC fight, it's been DirecTV 100% of the time. I doubt many places will be able to source the fight elsewhere this time given the short notice, but if this is long term I wonder if these places will just forget about the UFC, or bring in a second provider. Due to NFL ST, I don't see many sports bar & grilles dumping them.

The streaming version isn't an option because you can't get it for public viewing - plus it would add a layer of complication distributing it to a bunch of TVs. Having Dish installed just for UFC is a non-starter. I wonder how much this is going to cost the UFC losing so many commercial buys?

I don't see how UFC can win this, Directv knows that they have them over a barrel with how dominant they are in the public viewing space, and UFC can't tell the bars to get Dish or stream the fight. Those aren't workable solutions for the vast majority.

Bet the "one event agreement" was UFC agreeing to the original terms with Directv after they sh*t their pants figuring out how much money it would cost them. Even now it probably costs them some because some places probably already told people they weren't carrying it when it looked like they couldn't get it.

Apparently, you didn't read it. There is an update on the original story. The link name is also changed. You can also order it on your guide, so...
I did read it, but the announcement wasn't there when I first viewed it, it is there now though. Thank you

The streaming version isn't an option because you can't get it for public viewing - plus it would add a layer of complication distributing it to a bunch of TVs. Having Dish installed just for UFC is a non-starter. I wonder how much this is going to cost the UFC losing so many commercial buys?

I did a motorcycle club. We ended up getting an HDMI to cat5 splitter and running cat5 everywhere. Then a tiny converter behind each Tv to feed off 1 ROKU.

Private club and no outsiders allowed inside.

I doubt they where planning on paying the commercial rate anyways.

I just hooked up their roku, what streaming apps they downloaded and what they did after I left is none of my business.

Besides that, it serves the UFC and WWE right.

They want to move everything to streaming and offer everyone cut rate prices bypassing the cable and satellite providers.

So if they loose some revenue due to cheap streaming options that’s their problem.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)