Wanted 10-250 got HR20

Status
Please reply by conversation.
tech007 said:
Listen people I dont know where you live and what kind of service you getting from different companies but from my personal experience as an installer and a customer on different occasions myself can tell you that DirecTV is one of the best companies out there when it comes to pleasing their customers. And it is officially a fact DTV is No 1 in customer sat among cable and satellite companies years in a row.

A lot of my installs take place when people just move into their new homes owned or rented. Let me tell you something its true. Bare walls and a new carpet to sleep on. We are always always the first to arrive. Movers are late. Verizon makes appointment 8-12 am its already 4.30 pm and nobody called or showed up. On multiple occasions. Actually pretty much all the time. Reason I know is because DTV busts our balls about those stupid phone lines so I have to ask and people say nope phone is not hooked up yet. Tomorrow....Yeah you wish.

One other factor is people are different. This is forum is for bitchy whiney customers who didnt get enough satisfation from yelling at the poor installer, they need to come here and bitch more. I understand. Not everybody is like that. I am not like that myself. I wait for heater/AC company as long as I need to and trust me when they fix my cooler I am the happiest man on earth. I am very excited when people do something that I cant. When they fix my car. My garage door. Things like that. I am like a kid watching them work. When they make things work miraculously. And you guys just expect us to appear in a "2 hour window" even AFTER YOU BEEN TOLD that installer had 3 (!!!) appointments in that 2 hour window. Clear your brains and explain me what do you expect? Miracle? Or hope that you be the first one in that window?

What I expect from installers is to be on time, and if they can not be, then to have the courtesy to call and let me know. I waited yesterday for a 1-5pm service call. The installer did not show, he did not call, which I think is very unprofessional.

tech007 said:
And you guys just expect us to appear in a "2 hour window" even AFTER YOU BEEN TOLD that installer had 3 (!!!) appointments in that 2 hour window. Clear your brains and explain me what do you expect? Miracle? Or hope that you be the first one in that window?

Well now that you have single handedly ruined this thread, I might as well go back at you before it is locked anyways.
You aren't the brightest star in the sky are you? Did you read where I said he told me this stuff about how he is scheduled AFTER he was already at our house over 1.5hrs late. That word is AFTER. There was no courtesy call before from either him nor his company, it was AFTER. So yes I was a bit upset when I lost almost 2 hrs of work time since we had the original 2hr time window covered, but I needed to come home and waste time after that.
Hey, I am glad you like getting work done for you that you can't, i.e your "cooler" and car repairs. Who doesn't? But if you also wouldn't mind if when the repair person that was coming to fix your, um "cooler", was say 2hrs late, doesn't apologize or explain, brought the wrong part. Then installed it anyways cause it would work most of the time for you, but not everytime, and some of the features it should do, like defrost, didn't work for another month and you would be just fine with that. Well then good for you my friend. There is a word for that, it's called gullable, and a pushover. But hey, at least we know a stand-up guy like yourself wouldn't go on some forum to bitch about it right?
Gees, and now this guy has a supporter. Great. Thanks again. By the way do you have an HR20?

raoul5788 said:
What I expect from installers is to be on time, and if they can not be, then to have the courtesy to call and let me know. I waited yesterday for a 1-5pm service call. The installer did not show, he did not call, which I think is very unprofessional.

Now see according to our resident, uhh tech, here, you should be okay with that. You should not be on here complaining and whining about it. Just be okay with the fact you wasted hours of your day on them, did not receive a call, just sit quietly. Oh and it is your responsibility to call them and reschedule. Be happy that they are going to come at some point. Installers have feelings to you know.
Funny how this thread went from the negatives of me receiving the HR20, to now dealing with this guy. Ah well, there are plenty of negative threads on the HR20 I guess.

And you guys just expect us to appear in a "2 hour window" even AFTER YOU BEEN TOLD that installer had 3 (!!!) appointments in that 2 hour window. Clear your brains and explain me what do you expect? Miracle? [/QUOTE]

WOW ! First of all, Here in South Florida Directv uses Mastec as the install company. They dont give 2 hour windows, but rather 4 hour windows, so yea I expect the tech to show up within that timeframe especially if I had to take a day off work. To the customer it doesn't matter how many jobs you have ( that's you and your companies problem, not the customers ) I've actually had techs show up and not speak one word of English, Natta. Is it my problem I don't speak Spanish ? Maybe if I was in South America, but not in the USA. I expect a tech to show up within the timeframe and know how to at least speak the language of the country their in, If for whatever reason they cant arrive within that timeframe, Than at the very least I expect a call telling me they will be late.(then I wouldnt be so pissed off) (after all every tech that ever showed up did have cell phones) As you can tell,I haven't had great service from Mastec, But I am extremely happy with Directv. I just wish we had some good techs here in South Florida. Maybe some of you techs up north can come down here and show Mastec hows it done ??? BYW this isn't a rant but a response to a earlier thread.:hatsoff:

Maybe We should keep our fingers crossed and just hope they will show up ? and here I expected them to show up within the scheduled timeframe that I was given by Directv. I'm bad... Or maybe they should go the cable route and give a timeframe between the hours of 8am & 5pm ??? Installers blaming the customer when the customer gets mad because he was late. These days, everybody has cell phones. use 'em

Last edited:
Mtnmike said:
They are the "I want it now", "Give it to me or else", My way or no way", generation of whiners, snifflers and door slammers that permeates society, and expects more than anyone could or should reasonably ever be expected to give them.:rolleyes:

Thank you well said very well said.

By the way to be completely fare I shoul redirect my anger at my own employer instead of blaming those bitchy pest customers. My company is the one who tells me I have to treat customers well never talk back to them. One thing I dont like about Directv is how they treat contractors. Customer always comes first. I've seen absolutely ridiculous scenarious when people claim they were promised this and that free at no price whatsoever and they threaten to cancel service unless they get what they want. Guess what? They get their sh*t free. The more they get the more they demand and always get it. And of course there is a lot of miscommunication when you have so many low paid CSRs. But "smart" customers learned a great technique of "Customer is the King" age: Lie as much as you can and you'll alwyas get something free. If you lucky you get tons of free if not you just get what you sposed to.

Now why this happens? Competition. They always threaten to go to cable or Dish. See with monopolies you cant do that. My gas and electric company treat me terrible and I just swallow it and pay up. I need heat and power. Cant threaten those guys they ll laugh at you. So competition is good for industries but sometimes bad for employees who have to work 7 (!) days a week. No sh*t. I forgot what weekend means. I dont have it. I work Saturday and Sundays to please you guys because people are home on weekends so Direct wants to acomodate you. And after all that you still complaining?

GB33 said:
Now see according to our resident, uhh tech, here, you should be okay with that. You should not be on here complaining and whining about it. Just be okay with the fact you wasted hours of your day on them, did not receive a call, just sit quietly. Oh and it is your responsibility to call them and reschedule. Be happy that they are going to come at some point. Installers have feelings to you know.
Funny how this thread went from the negatives of me receiving the HR20, to now dealing with this guy. Ah well, there are plenty of negative threads on the HR20 I guess.

So if YOU took a day off work for a install and the guy doesn't show up, You would be good with that ? I think not. I now from these boards that installers are worked like soup bones, Its not the customers fault. You cant really blame a customer who's mad his installer didn't show up or show up late ( I.ve actually had installers refuse to do the job ) In my line of work, if you get a sh*t job, if you don't do it somebody will have to do it. I cant believe installers blaming the customers, If the roles were reversed you would be pissed off too. I don't want OR expect anything for free, But I do want and expect what I pay good $$$ for. And if I don't get it, then hell yea I'm gonna bitch and complain and if I get something for free then that makes it a little less inconvenient (for me at least). I've had bad luck with Mastec here in South Florida, and I know at least Mastec doesn't care. I've had a installer install a 5LNB dish using tie-wraps to hold the LNB are on the dish ( I don't know anywhere in the country that that is acceptable at the top of the unacceptable places list is Florida, where its always hot/windy and rainy) Directv wanted a supervisor to come out to see it but after 3 weeks nobody showed up so Directv replaced it. I couldn't somebody would install a dish like that, but worse is that the installer thought I would accept that. Its crazy. Then I had another show up who didn't speak one word of English, not one word, Now I bitched about that too, but I bet some installers would say I'm a whiner huh. I could go on and on with my own experience with the installation techs but maybe I just got the bottom of the barrel tech here. Im done venting now. Remember that every customer isnt a whiney bitch without reason...

You were being sarcastic, but I have had those experiences with installers - Comming late or not even showing up. Even when they do show up, they brought wrong equipment ( the installer even showed me the work order that had the right equipment on it, but he didn't bring it. So spare me if I get pissed off after taking time off work that could be better used than wasting time waiting, and for what ? so the installer would reschedule and have to come back out ? Which means another day off. Its a never ending cycle which finally ended for me. Wish I was sarcastic but its the truth, nothing but the truth. call me whiney even, but I want what I'm supposed to get when I'm supposed to get it.:hatsoff:

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)