WANTED: Your Thoughts on DISHONLINE.COM

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

Scott Greczkowski

Welcome HOME!
Original poster
Staff member
HERE TO HELP YOU!
Cutting Edge
Sep 7, 2003
Newington, CT
PLEASE NOTE - THIS THREAD IS NOT A DISCUSSION THREAD - THIS THREAD IS AN INFORMATION COLLECTING THREAD ONLY

I have been talking with the powers that be who created and operate the new DISHONLINE.COM website.

They are looking for feedback on DISHONLINE.COM so they can make it better. While the site has officially launched DISH is not currently advertising the site. They want folks like SatelliteGuys members to kick the tires and report what they like, what they don't like and ideas how to make it better.

They want it to make it so good that when they start advertising the service they want new users to say WOW when the login and use it.

So please leave your feedback to the following questions below. AGAIN THIS IS NOT A DISCUSSION, we just want your feedback. PLEASE ONLY CURRENT DISH NETWORK CUSTOMERS ONLY.

1) On a scale of 1 to 5 (1 being the worst and 5 being the best) what do you rate DISHONLINE.COM as far as its overall rank.

2) On a scale of 1 to 5 how easy is it for you to navigate DISHONLINE.COM

3) On a scale of 1 to 5 how easy is it for you to find what your looking for on DISHONLINE.COM

4) On a scale of 1 to 5 how easy is it for you to program remote DVR timers via DISHONLINE.COM

5) On a scale of 1 to 5 How easy is it for you to view live television via your Slingbox or 922?

6) Please tell us what you like about DISHONLINE.COM

7) Please tell us what you don't like about DISHONLINE.COM

8) Please tell us what features you want to see added to DISHONLINE.COM

9) Please tell us what needs to be fixed at DISHONLINE.COM to make the site a better experience for all?

10) Do you have any other comments of thoughts on DISHONLINE.COM that the team would be interested in hearing?

Thanks for your feedback guys! This is YOUR CHANCE to help shape the future of DISHONLINE.COM and make it the ultimate entertainment portal for all DISH Network customers.

Thank you again!

Still can't get past the

"We're sorry, but something went wrong. :("

screen.

Have tried different computers, different browsers, emptied caches, deleted dish & sling cookies. Tried Macs & PCs from home & work.

1) On a scale of 1 to 5 (1 being the worst and 5 being the best) what do you rate DISHONLINE.COM as far as its overall rank.

4 - A very well thought out, visually appealing and comfortable site to use. Cannot give it a 5 as it heavily uses FLASH and will fail miserably on iPad's and iPhones. They need to use HTML5 before launch or they will miss a very large audience that would want to use this great graphic interface from a nice portable pad device.

5 - Very intuitive. May want to consider that some of the nav links are just links. Would be hard to make out and hit using a touch screen device like an iPad, Android tablet, etc.

3) On a scale of 1 to 5 how easy is it for you to find what your looking for on DISHONLINE.COM

4) On a scale of 1 to 5 how easy is it for you to program remote DVR timers via DISHONLINE.COM

1 - Impossible, it refused to load any of my DVR's even though it showed them. It just went into a continuous 'Refreshing' status.

5) On a scale of 1 to 5 How easy is it for you to view live television via your Slingbox or 922?

1 - Again, impossible to use. Using Firefox (MAC) 3.6.8

Appealing interface.

Online network programming works and seems to be very nice.

Auto-complete feature of the search box is very nice so you can see shows as you type them.

Same issues as with the old web site where if there is no response from the DVR or slingbox it just hangs.

When you preview a show, there the PAUSE button does not work. No way to stop the streaming without exiting the page.

TV Listings page does not populate all listings. Many channels are blank.

Have to see the remote control of the DVR's work first before I can answer this one.

Add preferences back like in previous version so it recommends shows in genres you care about or networks you can mark in priority.

Ability to search for 'NEW' shows as well as HD only. Eg. ignore reruns, but show me 1st run shows, or when the next season episode of a show is scheduled to start.

9) Please tell us what needs to be fixed at DISHONLINE.COM to make the site a better experience for all?

Support for Firefox or MAC.
Remove FLASH
Change Hyperlinks to icons

10) Do you have any other comments of thoughts on DISHONLINE.COM that the team would be interested in hearing?

All in all, great work by some obviously talented designers

2 - how is this different from content I can fins anywhere on the web

4- saw no problems here

1- I was looking for actual exclusive to dish subscriber content (and not just the premium channels)
n/a no DVR
n/a no sling/922
it seems like a good idea
it seems like i already get all this stuff for free on the web elsewhere (not premium channels)
exclusive content for subscribers.... i want to watch all my USA, tnt, etc, etc, etc

sounds like the interface for some

10. the future of iptv isn't clips.. its another delivery system altogether. this seems shortsighted, but could help them save on receivers (if it costs them), by letting home networks do the job of other televisions past the first.

I have not been able to get it to work for me. I can log on, but it references my old 622 and Slingbox for "My DVR". Gets stuck on "Refreshing". I've chatted with Tech Support and was told that it would be fixed within 48 hours. That was a week ago.

I currently use a 722 with a Slingbox HD Pro hooked up to it.

Impossible (that is, for my local channels). I have no idea what those stations are. Yes, I could look them up if I cared, but.... Not news to most of us, but see attached image.

Hey, maybe this means I get distant locals !!??

These must be confused stations though... Why is "News 4 at 4pm" on a 7pm ? Or "News 13 at 5PM" on at 8pm ?

Attachments

• Clipboard01.png
    Clipboard01.png
    12.2 KB · Views: 199
Parp, thanks for letting me know about your issue. I may need to contact you via PM so that the DISHONLINE.COM staff can fix your account. I am waiting to hear back from whom I should be sending these issues to.

Hall, some possible good news on your issue. I actually worked with the DISHONLINE team last week and all weekend on that issue feeding them data and I am told they found the cause of the issue and hope to have a fix in place in about a week. :)

Once again no discussion please, but do keep the feedback coming. :D

Thanks guys and gals!

5 - it's too easy as there's no recording options at all

the only way I could see to do this was to view a recording then go to the guide and click on a show

- this site seems to be more reliable than the dish.sling.com site as far as whether the site loads and/or connects to my 922
- the design is attractive

- as far as layout and navigation - I much prefer using the dish.sling.com site over this
- there's no recording options (if they're in there, I don't see them)
- I wish flash was not used. Flash is a resource hog, even on my quad core PC. Adobe is so sloooooooooooooooowwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww in supporting new hardware and software. You guys will probably replace the site 5 more times before adobe supports 64 bit IE.

- the ability to sling recorded shows without the 4:3 cropping (the site is unusable without this feature)
- there's no way to find a show, unless you know the name of the show or at least what network it's on.
- unless the show you're looking for comes up first on the "shows" or "networks" page, it can take a long time to look for something. The filters on the dish.sling.com site are so much faster. This could easily be solved by adding a filters page.

- as far as I can tell, there's no way to close the video of whatever your watching, without going to another page on the site.
- the video quality isn't as good as using the "auto" setting on dish.sling.com
- ESPN isn't one the available networks on the "networks" page and doesn't seem to be included in the search results either. The only way to find ESPN shows is to look through every time slot on the tv listings.
- scrolling down the "tv listings" takes forever. this is much faster on the dish.sling.com site.

- it would be nice to not have to scroll down so far to see all the dvr timers
- There's nothing wrong with the look and feel of dish.sling.com. The problem with the site is reliability. I would much prefer to see resources put into fixing the reliability of dish.sling.com then changing the layout so that people see more eye candy. I'm sure all the eye candy looks good in a board meeting, but in the end it just slows down the user experience.

[....

10) Do you have any other comments of thoughts on DISHONLINE.COM that the team would be interested in hearing?....
1) 1 -- I view most online content on a iPhone. Requiring Flash makes this part of the site nearly useless.
2) 5 -- Not problems navigating the site.
3) 4-- I can easily find content, I just can't view most of it (i.e. need Flash).
4) 1 -- The channels listed bear only a passing resemblance to the ones to which I sub. The highest channel in the list is 884 -DUH. OTOH I can set recordings on the handful of channels that are both in the list and in my sub, which aren't very many :(
5) Not applicable - I don't have anything that can Sling and probably won't anytime soon.
6) Nice idea....
7) The requirement for FLASH for nearly all online content and the flawed implementation of Dish Remote Access that makes the whole site useless for me.
8) None just fix the stuff that is already there.
9) Fix the Dish Remote Access part so I can program my timers on all the channels to which I subscribe. And if my some minor miracle you could get Hulu to not require FLASH, the rest of the site might be useful too.

Talon Dancer

Please bring back the recent account transactions. :rant:

So I can see the ppv my kids have ordered. It was nice to know ahead of time what new charges (PPV) would be on my bill. I know I can look them up on the system but online works better.

Like to SEE! No 10

MAYBE IT IS COMING! But, when I signed into DISHONLINE (based on the name) I expected to be able to view every channel I have subscribed to on my computer.

That would make sense, based on the name of your new service.

Is this something you plan in the future?

Right now, you seem to be offering the same things that Dish Remote Access offers (control of your DVR).

Finnigan

PLEASE NOTE - THIS THREAD IS NOT A DISCUSSION THREAD - THIS THREAD IS AN INFORMATION COLLECTING THREAD ONLY

I have been talking with the powers that be who created and operate the new DISHONLINE.COM website.

They are looking for feedback on DISHONLINE.COM so they can make it better. While the site has officially launched DISH is not currently advertising the site. They want folks like SatelliteGuys members to kick the tires and report what they like, what they don't like and ideas how to make it better.

They want it to make it so good that when they start advertising the service they want new users to say WOW when the login and use it.

So please leave your feedback to the following questions below. AGAIN THIS IS NOT A DISCUSSION, we just want your feedback. PLEASE ONLY CURRENT DISH NETWORK CUSTOMERS ONLY.

2--because it is promising, but I can't get past the fact that Dishonline can't see my receiver but remote access can.

1-Maybe I am old, but it is incomprehensible. The iPhone app for remote access is difficult. Dishonline is much worse.

1-I can't through Dishonline, because it can't find my reciever. as I mentioned above, remote access can, but Dishonline can't. This makes no sense.

1-Don't have one. Would love to get the extender. Been waiting all year. The fact that Dishonline does not work is giving me pause.

It's pretty.

See 9 below.

I would like to be able to use Dishonline to view programming (including programming on my DVRs) remotely while travelling, in another room in my house, etc.

It does not work. At all. At least not for me. Also, one of my main uses for it would be my iPhone. This is a problem because Dishonline appears to require flash, and the iPhone does not do flash. This is disappointing because the iPhone Remote access app works so well once you figure out how it wants you to do things.

I have not gotten one minute of Dishonline programming to play on any of my Macs or my iPhone. Not one. Also, it does not give me access to things that I have access to (Starz, etc.)

Dish remote access works great, and I expected dishonline to work as well. I have been very disappointed so far. NOTHING works. At least not for me. IS my connection too slow? I don't know. Does it not work with Macs? Don't know that either. (I just tried Parallels and XP and that does not work for me either).

I am a computer programer and support person. I know this stuff is complicated. I would like to help and I think it will be very cool WHEN it works. But it's not ready.

T

Here's my input Scott...

4 - Well organized site, simple to use and access. Look forward to the transition

5 - Intuitive site layout

4 - Would love to see more of Dish Network's content moved over to this site, particularly the account maintenance section

N/A

Move over the acct maintenance section of Dish's site.

Thanks for your feedback guys! This is YOUR CHANCE to help shape the future of DISHONLINE.COM and make it the ultimate entertainment portal for all DISH Network customers.

Thank you again![/QUOTE]

Here's my input Scott...

4 - Well organized site, simple to use and access. Look forward to the transition

5 - Intuitive site layout

4 - Would love to see more of Dish Network's content moved over to this site, particularly the account maintenance section

N/A

Movie viewing froze when I simply paused, then unpaused. Had to reload the page, then wait through two series of commercials to get back to the point that it froze.

Move over the acct maintenance section of Dish's site. Clear listing of the programming my account can access, and the ability to hide the rest.

Thank you again![/QUOTE]

2: I can't even tell what the site is for. Is it for ordering programming? advertising? finding out what's coming up?

5: I can navigate, I just don't see anywhere to go that offers anything useful

2: I don't see anything worth looking for

1: I couldn't even find this function

3: I don't have these boxes, but at least I did see this function

It's not too distracting.

I can't find anything useful. All I see are pictures and videos that are slow to load--I can't see any text that tells me what's going on.

How about a text-based, non-graphical alternative user interface?

The pictures and videos are worthless--they are so slow to load, and they don't tell me anything.

1 - THe part where it connects to my reciever only works about 1% of the time (have a 622) even though my receiver shows all is well. Have a feeling it has something to do with port conflicts with my home server but cannot find any details on what ports Dish uses.

1- See comment above - does not work most the time.

1- Have a 622 with external sling so this does not work.

Good idea if it worked well.

See number 1 above.

Just make it work would be nice. A blackberry app would be good too.

Needs to work and connect to the receiver every time!

I think you should do better testing before releasing things like this. Also dont assume we all can afford the newest receivers.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)