WANTED: Your Thoughts on DISHONLINE.COM

1) On a scale of 1 to 5 (1 being the worst and 5 being the best) what do you rate DISHONLINE.COM as far as its overall rank.

2) On a scale of 1 to 5 how easy is it for you to navigate DISHONLINE.COM

3) On a scale of 1 to 5 how easy is it for you to find what your looking for on DISHONLINE.COM

4) On a scale of 1 to 5 how easy is it for you to program remote DVR timers via DISHONLINE.COM

1 - I would go lower if possible. Most of the time, this just times out. When I have scheduled a recording, it corrupts my DVR. ( keeps 1 recorded show instead of 5, ...etc )

5) On a scale of 1 to 5 How easy is it for you to view live television via your Slingbox or 922?

1 - Times out

6) Please tell us what you like about DISHONLINE.COM

Not much

7) Please tell us what you don't like about DISHONLINE.COM

Doesn't work.

8) Please tell us what features you want to see added to DISHONLINE.COM

Add a few servers so the response time will only be in seconds instead of forever.

9) Please tell us what needs to be fixed at DISHONLINE.COM to make the site a better experience for all?

See above

10) Do you have any other comments of thoughts on DISHONLINE.COM that the team would be interested in hearing?

See above

Maybe they could add a ROKU type device to their non-DVR units......might be a cheap and effective wholehouse solution to their TIVO issues

survey response

I am a new customer (starting week 3 of service - have a slingloaded 922)

1) On a scale of 1 to 5 (1 being the worst and 5 being the best) what do you rate DISHONLINE.COM as far as its overall rank. - > 3

2) On a scale of 1 to 5 how easy is it for you to navigate DISHONLINE.COM -> 4

3) On a scale of 1 to 5 how easy is it for you to find what your looking for on DISHONLINE.COM -> 4

4) On a scale of 1 to 5 how easy is it for you to program remote DVR timers via DISHONLINE.COM -> 1 - I cannot do this. See comment below

5) On a scale of 1 to 5 How easy is it for you to view live television via your Slingbox or 922? -> 2 - - see comment below

6) Please tell us what you like about DISHONLINE.COM - I appreciate the effort. i understand it is a beta, and as a first effort I like it.

7) Please tell us what you don't like about DISHONLINE.COM -> more content would be good ( i imagine this will come with time). The TV Listings link is broken - it just refreshes the existing page in a loop.

8) Please tell us what features you want to see added to DISHONLINE.COM -> would be nice to be able to program my DVR, and or watch my slingbox from the site (I cannot see any way to do that at present - at least for my login)

9) Please tell us what needs to be fixed at DISHONLINE.COM to make the site a better experience for all? TV listings need to be fixed

10) Do you have any other comments of thoughts on DISHONLINE.COM that the team would be interested in hearing?

I appreciate the effort; but it might be good to spend time working on the advertised features (such as Dish remote Access, and Set My DVR (both from the dishnetwork.com site) to work properly before embarking down a different path.

As I stated before, I am a convert from cable TV, have had service for 3 weeks. I have had to "find my own way" to use the slingbox features (as the dish remote access & set my dvr) have never worked. I have chatted with tech support (waste of 60 minutes), and called tech support (person could replicate the problem ; but I have never heard back - has been a week at this point)

Probably getting away from the original intent of the "survey"; but I think the point for #10 should hit home a bit

The bottom line - i appreciate the use of technology, and am excited about the direction they are headed; but first priority should be making it work.

Arron

1) On a scale of 1 to 5 (1 being the worst and 5 being the best) what do you rate DISHONLINE.COM as far as its overall rank. 3

2) On a scale of 1 to 5 how easy is it for you to navigate DISHONLINE.COM 4

3) On a scale of 1 to 5 how easy is it for you to find what your looking for on DISHONLINE.COM 3

4) On a scale of 1 to 5 how easy is it for you to program remote DVR timers via DISHONLINE.COM 4

5) On a scale of 1 to 5 How easy is it for you to view live television via your Slingbox or 922? do not own one

6) Please tell us what you like about DISHONLINE.COM I think that it is setup to be Dish's version of On Demand

7) Please tell us what you don't like about DISHONLINE.COM Picture quality

8) Please tell us what features you want to see added to DISHONLINE.COM more choices

9) Please tell us what needs to be fixed at DISHONLINE.COM to make the site a better experience for all? I would say mainly the picture quality.

10) Do you have any other comments of thoughts on DISHONLINE.COM that the team would be interested in hearing? I think that it is a pretty good service but will only work if you have a great connection speed. It should be a pretty good marketing tool.

1. Overall it's a 2, nothing new here. Wow! Hulu! Be still my heart.
2. Navigation, 3
3. Easy to find things? Shows 4, clips 1
4. Huh? The only way I could find to access my dvr was to click on my account. sign in, and go to remote access. Why bother with this. Nothing I could watch had a link to record it and the tv listings goes into a loop (loading blink loading blink loading blink)
5. No slingbox/922 so N/A.
6. As it stands, it's no big deal. I might watch something on a computer sometime with it so it might come in handy some time.
7. Flash is a hog. Lacking mobile device support (see #8). Too many clips. No was to skip ads.
8. Make tv listings work. Smaller footprint. Ditch flash. Better video quality. Allow recording. Allow me to watch all the channels I subscribe to, and record them too. Allow me to download these offerings to my dvr. Allow me to watch live programming. Can the commercials. I see an iPhone app exists (that tells me you don't have to use flash), how about WebOS. Easy access to my dvr. Add option to format with fewer graphics - text is still very efficient.
9. Fix tv listings. Allow easy dvr access. Add HD.
10. There's real promise here. Get the listings working and please consider the suggestions in #8.

6. I loved the fact that I could watch a movie on my iMac which only has a Meg of memory instead of the 2 megs of memory supposedly required by my Mac to view content on my 922. I liked the ui and that it put a green light next to my 922.

8. I didn't like seeing a second strangely numbered receiver that I don't have. I hated the fact that when I started to watch a movie on my Mac that there was no facility for me to record the Watch Now movie to my 922-- so that I could see the movie in my kitchen. This was the reason I bought the 922 in the first place.

I kept asking myself, what is the purpose of dish online other than a place for the networks to advertise and sample their fee channels hoping I would sign up.

It also is not useable on my iPhone nor my iPad.

1) On a scale of 1 to 5 (1 being the worst and 5 being the best) what do you rate DISHONLINE.COM as far as its overall rank: 1

2) On a scale of 1 to 5 how easy is it for you to navigate DISHONLINE.COM: 3

3) On a scale of 1 to 5 how easy is it for you to find what your looking for on DISHONLINE.COM: 3

4) On a scale of 1 to 5 how easy is it for you to program remote DVR timers via DISHONLINE.COM: 3

5) On a scale of 1 to 5 How easy is it for you to view live television via your Slingbox or 922?: 1

6) Please tell us what you like about DISHONLINE.COM: In theory it looks good, but it times out too much.

7) Please tell us what you don't like about DISHONLINE.COM: I can't access my programming remotely, it times out or doesn't respond.

8) Please tell us what features you want to see added to DISHONLINE.COM: Be able to customize favorite channel lists.

9) Please tell us what needs to be fixed at DISHONLINE.COM to make the site a better experience for all? MAKE IT WORK CONSISTENTLY.

1) On a scale of 1 to 5 (1 being the worst and 5 being the best) what do you rate DISHONLINE.COM as far as its overall rank.

3 - I'm not sure the purpose of this site if you don't own sling box or 922.

4 - not too bad

3) On a scale of 1 to 5 how easy is it for you to find what your looking for on DISHONLINE.COM

4 - was pretty easy to use

4) On a scale of 1 to 5 how easy is it for you to program remote DVR timers via DISHONLINE.COM

n/a - haven't tried that yet

5) On a scale of 1 to 5 How easy is it for you to view live television via your Slingbox or 922?

N/A, i have 622

I like that it "appears" you can download a movie or order a movie and it will go to your DVR.

everything else seems to be available elsewhere on the internet for free. I'm not sure what the advertising points would be so this would draw in new customers. Maybe if everyone had 922 or sling that would be different. I can watch all the tv shows on the internet already.

Honestly Netflix is a better option, the price, the selection, and the quality is better with netflix. And i don't need special hardware from DISH, xbox, ps3, wii, most blueray players all access netflix.

the ability to send the tv shows to your dvr, like the movies you order. if you did that I could watch on my big screen with the dvr and maybe better quality once the show is fully downloaded than trying to stream over internet.

9) Please tell us what needs to be fixed at DISHONLINE.COM to make the site a better experience for all?

prices for movies are WAY over priced, see netflix model.

I would like clarification on the exact purpose of the website. It seems to be a hodgepodge of ideas thrown together...and all of them about 80% complete. D* would ave a field day with this if you tried to find any selling points in this as it is.

I think I have said enough for now.

Sorry if I was too hard on you guys....Dish needs to step up their game...I thought this was going to be cool when I read the summary. after trying it, i'm not too impressed...maybe if i had a 922 or sling.

3 – has some benefits for me

4- seems to be easy

4 – normally, I look through the list of movies like in starz, the search seems to be alright

1 – due to the fact that I have DishLatino and some of the programs are mapped differently on dishLatino as they are mapped on the American Top packages. Also, I wished when I enter a number and/or Network station in the dvr box that it lists the shows from that station without showing the time line like it is done under My Account / Dish Remote Access

N/A- do not have a slingbox nor VIP dvr 922, I only have dvr625

I like the idea of having the on demand content from Starz and the other networks on a website to access it. I think that I tried to watch a movie once but I think there was a problem and I am not sure if the problem was my wireless or not.

- Setting the DVR timers should be similar to the approach in My Account / Dish Remote Access. I like to see a list of shows when I only look at one network station.
-Mapping should match the subscription like America Top vs dish latino

- I would like to see hbogo, and other subscriber based on-demand content available
- Integration of other sites like Hulu plus, Netflix
- Maybe something like a one stop shop for content available through the internet
- Having the choice between Adobe flash, mp4 and other streaming formats

-Fixing the dvr setting up timers should be similar to the Dish Remote Access one
- Adding more subscriber based on-demand content (like hbogo and others)
- Making the website and streaming more stable
- Having a choice of streaming formats as only Adobe flash

I think my thoughts are more for the management of dishnetwork than dishonline per se. I think that the prices for video on demand should go down to one dollar or two. I do not think five dollar per movie even a new one is still up-to-date. It should be cheaper especially against competition like Netflix and red box. On the other hand, if I subscribe to epix 3 why I do not get all epix movies on-demand content enabled.
Those are my two cents.

Didn't try

Don't Have.

I like online access to my DVR.

Why is it telling me I need to upgrade to see Discovery, G4, ect when I subscribe to AT250?

HBO shows

So far so good.

No matter how much you have, we'll always want more!

1: Can't find my DVR. The old site at dish.sling.com works perfectly.

I like its potential. That's about it.

Much harder to use than the old dish.sling.com site. The TV listings don't work at all. On the old site I could just pull up the grid, see only channels I subscribe to, click on current events/shows to watch on web or watch on TV, or record future events. Can't do this on the new site.

See #7. Until it can replicate all the features of dish.sling.com, dishonline.com is worthless to me.

See #7

See #7

If dishonline.com had more good quality, critically acclaimed movies that were FREE it would probably get very popular and people would download a lot. If not free movies, then at least make them cheaper ... say $0.99 a movie or $1.99 a movie.

Hi Hall

I think Dish is not restricting any of the content because I am a subscriber of Dish in Puerto Rico and everything works here. I mention this because we have some issues with some TV networks and movie studios with the ip's coming from PR, even though PR is part of the USA. The ip's from PR hit a local internet exchange and are identified as PR ip's and some networks like HBO, CBS and even Netflix do not accept PR ip's as US ip's even though we have local stations form CBS,NBC,ABC,CW and Fox. For us here in PR is a hit or miss situation depending on who is making the call on the Network side. But going throug DishOnline everything works but don't know if they are considering us PR as USA like some of the other networks. Anyhow as a suggestion if you want to use any of the internet services not offered outside the US get a VPN account and you will bypass any restriction put in place. Not to make a promo for them but I use StrongVPN for any of the networks that lock us out of the US here in PR and it works great. This has to be the dumest security put in place by networks and movie Studios, everybody outside the US is still getting the services doing this VPN tunnel with a lot of companies in the US providing the tunneling services. So, to networks either change the security scheme or just drop the restriction because it is not limiting anybody around the world from getting the services.

The average person outside the US will try, it will fail, and they'll move on. The average person won't get into using VPN setups.

Oh yes Hall you are correct on that, not many people would go through that hasstle but still is an easy work around. And the guys implementing these restrictions have to know about this so what is the point on restricting it in the first place. And if their reason is piracy like I have heard; people that are comiting piracy for sure know and implement this kind of solution. Their only acomplishment, is restricting the people who ment no harm like kikenovic that is just going on vacations and wants to access his programing. And besides I was just giving a suggestion to kikenovic if he plans to use dishonline when he travels.

Hall, some possible good news on your issue. I actually worked with the DISHONLINE team last week and all weekend on that issue feeding them data and I am told they found the cause of the issue and hope to have a fix in place in about a week. :)
Just checked at DISH Remote Access Login (remote dvr access) and, well, I'm not gonna jinx anything... ;) ;)

At Dish Online - Your TV Everywhere. Watch. Record. Rent., well, maybe the remote-dvr-access folks need to talk to the folks at the dish-online site and tell 'em how to make it right. :D

4 - Great layout and easy to use so far. Tons on content but would always like to see more. Works on my Android phone

4 - Categories are set up (which are nice). Somewhat hard to navigate on mobile device.

4 -Found everything i was looking for.

3 - programming works pretty well sometimes, but other times it wont work

Great Layout

Online programming

Ability to watch on mobile device

some difficulty connecting to dvr

Audio/video lag issues (do not sync together sometimes - expecially after pausing)

Does not show local channel listings

Local channel listings

Android app

More content

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)